• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Is Cowherd correct? We’re a “C” level football program?

We are until we prove we aren't.

All it would take to be a Wisconsin is a great coach. We'll find out in the next few years if Frost is one. If not, I don't have any reason to think Nebraska is more likely than not to get one. Could luck into one, but the job itself isn't so attractive great coaches will seek it out, imo.

Last edited:
That drive clicks on the podcast for sure. Few pundits can have middle of the road kind of takes and this guy is certainly known to take a stance.

Does it actually mean something? No. We are recruiting well enough to win our division when we get the depth we need. Beating OSU regularly? Being on that level? All but half a dozen schools in the country are working toward that. Nothing new in that information from him. 7 1/2 will be the basement, not the ceiling/average, I really hope and think.

Yeah. Tend to agree with him. It hurts as a fan, but we are just in the middle somewhere and if we don't start winning soon we are more of a D-level.

His recruiting argument was stupid. Talks about how nobody wants to play for the cold, northern schools and somehow this is a problem for Nebraska alone. Maybe he's missed all the recent good seasons by cold weather teams like Ohio State, Michigan Wisconsin, Penn State and Notre Dame.

He also talks about how we can't recruit California or Florida (since we lost Texas/Big XII) but conveniently forgets that Riley was a west coast guy and Frost has major inroads to Florida.

His recruiting argument was stupid. Talks about how nobody wants to play for the cold, northern schools and somehow this is a problem for Nebraska alone. Maybe he's missed all the recent good seasons by cold weather teams like Ohio State, Michigan Wisconsin, Penn State and Notre Dame.

He also talks about how we can't recruit California or Florida (since we lost Texas/Big XII) but conveniently forgets that Riley was a west coast guy and Frost has major inroads to Florida.
Even when he makes sense, it’s hard for me to stomach watching him.. he just absolutely gets on my nerves.

Last edited:
We are until we prove we aren't.

All it would take to be a Wisconsin is a great coach. We'll find out in the next few years if Frost is one. If not, I don't have any reason to think Nebraska is more likely than not to get one. Could luck into one, but the job itself isn't so attractive great coaches will seek it out, imo.

Very true! If Frost doesn't fix this and fast, NU football as we knew it could be gone for good. Which, I don't understand, because we have everything needed.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back