• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Is 2013 the Year Huskers Return to Glory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerMagic

Recruit
2 Year Member
Nebraska does not have high expectations this year and that is probably a good thing. The Huskers could surprise people this year, but 2013 is the season the Huskers will finally take the next step forward.

Have you seen the Huskers schedule in 2013. It shapes up well for the team!

Check out my article about why 2013 is The Year The Huskers Return to Glory.

@HuskerMagic

Well I hope you are right about 2013. But I for one have high expectations this year for the Huskers! They can be very good if things fall into place at the right times.

GBR!

I've been calling for a BCS berth in 2013 for a while now... the stars are aligned. Nebraska will start 8-0.

That's still a year away, though. For now, the team needs to focus on winning at least 9 games in spite of a brutal schedule. Nearly every opponent played in a bowl game last year. If Pelini fails to win 9 games, I think he could be ousted, and that would definitely hurt the plan for '13.

Not sure if we have the talent to return to National Championship glory...but a BCS bowl game is possible.

I've been calling for a BCS berth in 2013 for a while now... the stars are aligned. Nebraska will start 8-0.

That's still a year away, though. For now, the team needs to focus on winning at least 9 games in spite of a brutal schedule. Nearly every opponent played in a bowl game last year. If Pelini fails to win 9 games, I think he could be ousted, and that would definitely hurt the plan for '13.

I still am not convinced that our schedule is "brutal". Its not an easy schedule, but definitely manageable. Other than games @Ohio St and @ Michigan St, I think we should win every game on our schedule. Wisconsin no longer has Russell and Michigan had a charmed season last year (should have lost to ND, should have lost to Ohio St., and did lose to VT in bowl game --horrible call gave them this game). Penn St. is a mess, NW game was a fluke last year, and Iowa has a non mobile QB (Pelini eats those guys for lunch). Just my take on it.

Usually we wait until the first few losses of the current year before we reset the fantasy. If we lose 4 or more again this year, there might not be many fans expecting much even with a cake schedule.

PS-the time is NOW

It seems every year, its the next year that the Huskers will be awesome. In 2011, it was wait till 2012. Let's win now and worry about next year...next year.

I still am not convinced that our schedule is "brutal". Its not an easy schedule, but definitely manageable. Other than games @Ohio St and @ Michigan St, I think we should win every game on our schedule. Wisconsin no longer has Russell and Michigan had a charmed season last year (should have lost to ND, should have lost to Ohio St., and did lose to VT in bowl game --horrible call gave them this game). Penn St. is a mess, NW game was a fluke last year, and Iowa has a non mobile QB (Pelini eats those guys for lunch). Just my take on it.

If you say something repeatedly, most folks will fall in line and start to believe it...even if it's absurd. Hence, a schedule composed of mediocre teams last year was "brutal" and this year is "even worse." Can't wait for the day I hear that Indiana is underrated and Purdue is a much better team than people realize. After that, I suppose people will start thinking it was OK to lose to NW cause they are a team on the rise. LOL. The BIG is a very weak conference right now, if we can't win when Ohio State and Michigan are down and Bielema is renting a new QB every year...well, the easy schedule we have won't get much easier later.

PS-- "tough schedule" = just one more excuse.

Last edited:
Well I hope you are right about 2013. But I for one have high expectations this year for the Huskers! They can be very good if things fall into place at the right times.

GBR!

I hear ya BuffSurveyor, I too have high hopes for the HUSKERS this season.

No, 2012 is going to be the return to glory, we will win the Big 10 this season. Martinez will have a stellar year, the defense will step up.. We finish in the top 6 going 12-2.

Next year we battle for the National Championship.

No, 2012 is going to be the return to glory, we will win the Big 10 this season. Martinez will have a stellar year, the defense will step up.. We finish in the top 6 going 12-2.

Next year we battle for the National Championship.

I agree there's a decent shot we contend for a NC next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back