• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Iowa's Bluder Announces Retirement!

Go out at the peak of the Hawkeye program.

My wife and I had season tickets to her first season at Iowa - the improvement in play & chemistry was obvious as the season went on.

We also just had season tickets for her last season - sold-out crowds spurred by a generational talent in Clark. Long-time assistant Jan Jensen is one of the best post coaches in the countries, evidenced by a national player-of-the-year in Megan Gustafson and improvements shown recently by Monica Czanano and Hannah Stoelke.

If she could have recruited more of the top high school athletes to play together (like at U Conn, So Carolina, Tennessee, etc.), she'd most likely have seen more final fours. She, with her assistants, were consistently able to get more than expected out of the talent on the roster. Total of 800+ wins when you include her Drake tenure.

I know not every Husker fan likes or appreciates Bluder; but, having seen the program being built from her arrival to today, it is very hard to argue at her not being one of the best coaches.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back