• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.

denisonred

Travel Squad
15 Year Member
If we eliminate turnovers and penalties we should have no problem with Iowa. However, I always think back to 1992 when we lost to an Iowa State team with a third string quarterback and a second string fullback. So I never take any game for granted. Iowa has lost five straight and are not going bowling. They have no speed on the flanks their best receiver is the tight end. Their running back is now healthy again he is a bull much like Bell and Ball but is not fast. Their defense has been giving up around 500 yards a game the past few games. Its at Iowa so we need to get on top and get the crowd out of it early. If we get a couple early scores I think they will fold. Most of the Iowa fans are expecting us to blow them out. As long as we do not make turnovers and make them drive the length of the field we should be alright.

Their offense is just plain awful.....110th ranked overall in the the country....their running game is 100th and dead last in the Big 10....and they have thrown only six touchdown passes....and their defense is ranked 60th overall in the country...

They are the slowest team I have seen in the Big Ten this year....Michigan torched their DBs with the long and balls and picked them apart with the short passes....and ran the ball pretty much at will on them yesterday....Bell, Turner and Qunicy should have a field day against their secondary....

Weisman their RB is legit and a hoss to bring down....but the way our D is playing in the middle...Stienkuhler is on fire....we should be able to shut him down...he is pretty much their whole offense....

I expect us to roll...but we need to come out on fire like we did against Minnesota and take the game over and shove it down their throat....and then take that extra day to get ready for Wisconsin who will not play until Saturday....

Last edited:
We really should roll Iowa. The only downside to this is that many of our fans will then go off the deep end like easily beating Iowa means something. Much like many have done with Minnesota. Iowa destroyed Minnesota as well. Our next big test will be in the conference title game and we had better be ready to play and keep turnovers to a minimum.

Last edited:
If we eliminate turnovers and penalties we should have no problem with Iowa. However, I always think back to 1992 when we lost to an Iowa State team with a third string quarterback and a second string fullback. So I never take any game for granted. Iowa has lost five straight and are not going bowling. They have no speed on the flanks their best receiver is the tight end. Their running back is now healthy again he is a bull much like Bell and Ball but is not fast. Their defense has been giving up around 500 yards a game the past few games. Its at Iowa so we need to get on top and get the crowd out of it early. If we get a couple early scores I think they will fold. Most of the Iowa fans are expecting us to blow them out. As long as we do not make turnovers and make them drive the length of the field we should be alright.

The bolded is a very big IF, but Iowa is pretty bad too.

No correlation. The '92 team had just beaten 2 top 10 teams and Devaney called them 'one of the best Nebraska teams I've seen' the week before. They were emotionless and had read too much hype, expecting to just roll a terrible ISU team.

i don't think we suffer from any delusions of grandeur on this team.

Last edited:

Iowa is bad but this game just became their Bowl Game. Expect them to come in fired up and if we give them any hope with turnovers or defensive breakdowns it could be a 4 qtr game. Nothing would soothe their fans for the long off season more than knocking us out of the CCG.

Its at Iowa so we need to get on top and get the crowd out of it early. If we get a couple early scores I think they will fold. Most of the Iowa fans are expecting us to blow them out. As long as we do not make turnovers and make them drive the length of the field we should be alright.

Why would we want to take the crowd out of it? Some are suggesting that more Husker fans will be there than Hawkeyes :)

Last game of the season??! At home for them? Sounds like a trap game for us. We better keep our sights on the game at hand and not any possibilities of more in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back