• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Iowa Week Practice: Wednesday Zoom Presser

Have to say. I liked his tone today. Noticed after Saturday's loss, he didn't have is cap pulled down or have his head hanging like the week before.

Today he sounded like he accepts it for what it is without being apologetic. Like, this will happen when ya put the youth on the field. Found it a bit refreshing, which is a good thing.

So coaches are obviously letting players get away with not running routes in practice full speed? Are they scared to yell at guys? WTH? I guess this culture change is gonna take years? Sounds like the coaches are letting guys get away with it? I have to believe that other position groups are practicing the same way? No wonder we are. so undisciplined. Sounds like nobody at practice wants to be an adult or an actual coach and hold players accountable. Pathetic.

So are we supposed to conclude that this team won ONE game against a winless opponent and became so complacent their practice habits noticeably suffered? I can’t square that explanation. I have no idea what to expect Friday. But I’ll be cheering like hell.

Reading the Frost comments it almost sounds like Adrian may start again. I wouldn’t criticize either decision there.

It may be time to give the freshman a chance, what do we have to lose? He may still be pretty good if coach V hasn't had time to work with him much.

Nothing against Luke, but if he is the future of Huskers quarterbacks, we may be in for a rough couple of years. He is a great athlete and a great runner but I don't see him as a great quarterback.
Well, in fairness, he’s only played 2 games really. Players aren’t made in 2 games. Let’s see how they respond Friday. Maybe they’ll turn it around. Who knows.

This would seemingly indicate AM is very likely to transfer. I'm not sure of the wisdom of this statement. Your QB has to be able to throw the ball more than ten yards downfield. I don't want to nitpick but I found that statement curious.
Perhaps, but I read it more of AM starting this week. Send a message to Luke that while he is the 'future', he's not going to be the starter Friday.

Nothing against Luke, but if he is the future of Huskers quarterbacks, we may be in for a rough couple of years. He is a great athlete and a great runner but I don't see him as a great quarterback.

I have to disagree a little here. LM has speed, wiggle and some other things 'engery' you just can't coach into a person it's just them.

How to throw a ball arm strength can be taught.

The only thing I'm on the fence is his QB IQ and how fast he can make the correct decision.

Perhaps, but I read it more of AM starting this week. Send a message to Luke that while he is the 'future', he's not going to be the starter Friday.

Maybe. And perhaps Frost means post-Martinez but I know how I would likely read that if I were Martinez.

I know we have issues all over the field but we'd also very likely be 3-1 if Martinez were playing at his freshman level.

What the hell?? Didn't run their routes full speed last week? Think maybe that's been the case all along and why AM doesn't always seem to have his timing down with them too? Give me a break! Coaches get your heads out of your asses and if they are not running routes full speed - they don't suit up on Saturday - see how the little babies like that. Jesus - this isn't rocket science!!!!!!!!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back