• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Interesting rule allows the Service Academies to make in-home visits during Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Did not know that. Learned something new. Will research it to find out why when I get some time. I have an idea why but want to make sure I am right before posting. :)

By Spring he is referring to the evaluation period.

Anyone else know please feel free to chime in. :)

Sean Callahan ‏<s>@</s>Sean_Callahan <small class="time"> May 19</small>Sean Callahan Retweeted ⚡Noah Vedral ⚡

A very interesting rule allows the Service Academies to make in-home visits during the spring. Cool deal.

⚡Noah Vedral ⚡‏<s>@</s>Noah11_V <small class="time"> </small>

Was great getting to meet with <s>@</s>CoachIvinJasper from Navy tonight!
1f531.png
1f30a.png
1f3c8.png

Ci3UMUVUoAEXwiN.jpg

Last edited:

I would guess because they aren't true athletic scholarships that they give? They also have no limit.

No link, but my buddy texted me last night to say his son (Trent Hixon) from NE got an offer from the Air Force.

Last edited:
That was my thought too. Busy today doing some home improvement so have not has the time to research yet. Just taking a break now. :)

I would guess because they aren't true athletic scholarships that they give? They also have no limit.

It was a long time ago (the rules have surely changed), but an Assistant AFA football coach called on me regularly at all times of the year. I did end up taking the appointment and that is probably the difference. It is an appointment, not a "scholarship".

I would assume just because you are an athlete the appointment is "guaranteed". I would think the process would still have to be completed, which is why earlier contact is allowed from the service academies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back