• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Interesting quotes from Alberts in Tramel article in The Oklahoman

I agree with everyone’s assessment in this thread…but also- stop being the play caller and focus on being the head coach. My gosh, get over yourself and delegate duties. As CEO of the team you need to be focused on special teams, defense and offense…I don’t see how he justifies being the play caller.

I’m CEO of my company and I can not collaborate or put out fires I’d I don’t touch multiple departments constantly… I love Scott and want him to succeed but it’s so arrogant he won’t stop calling plays.
By and large, I think most guys who won’t delegate, are not the best coaches. Yes, there are exceptions, (Lincoln Riley to name one) but the guys who excel are guys who are generally letting coaches coach. You’re the HC, you can override anything you want, don’t like, so let the coaches coach. For every Osborne, there are 100 others who can’t. No shame in that. Let the team flow, you oversee everything. Hire the best coaches and let them coach.

Sounds like many of you are patient and willing to give Scott another year. However, if we get annilated by OU today I wonder what the board will look like?

On 12/12/2020 Minnesota was much more impacted by Covid than NU was. How did that turn out?
I suppose the same way it would have turned out if any relatively solid program had a bunch of people impacted. They would have put the next man up in an already established program. MN is a solid program that was able to overcome against what is essentially a lower tier program in NE.

A lot of folks don’t seem to understand that being reasonable is not the same as defending the existing coaching staff. I’m giving Scott every benefit of the doubt hope he can right the ship. If he doesn’t work out, he will part ways and A new coach will be hired. I don’t feel any need to pile on. It isn’t going to make the pain go away any quicker.

In the meantime, people should try to enjoy the game again while we are still down. That will make it that much sweeter when the program is back on its feet, whoever the coach might be.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back