• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Interesting idea of a landing spot for Scott.

Who is sugarcoating anything? It's like you got your wish, he's gone. You got your pound of flesh with some of this stuff coming out. Not sure what else you want or expect at this point.
Who is sugarcoating anything? Lots of folks. Many of us had spears thrown the last three years when the golden boy was challenged. We didn't understand, he needs more time, we didn't understand how bad MR left the program (funny the best games we played were probably had was SF first year)

Many folks are as it is clear that SF a made conscious decision, that clearly were not in the best interest of the program, not to change out assistant coaches.

It is sugarcoating to simply say he failed. He chose to fail. And IF media reports are true as to his commitment level to the job it was malfeasance

So no respect should be given to SF's tenure. He took fans, the university, and players on a swan dive over a cliff by his choice.

I am hopeful for the future but ONLY a fool does not learn from the past

Reactions: Fly

In sports as in life, where there's smoke there's usually fire. This site generally disfavors the posting of smoke, but there's plenty out there beyond Severe's brief segment, and google is your friend.
Listen there is plenty to dislike about the tenure of SF but we have a lot of people including Severe who are just now getting vocal. It is not that SF is dead but now after his burial people are piling on trying to get their “I told you so’s” out in front so we can recognize them as the fine know-it-alls that they want to be.

Where was Severe prior to the firing? ... I know some of these things have been talked about but not to degree and veracity it has been talked about now. SF to me will always be the guy who had to take the reins from arguably the greatest QB ever at Nebraska. SF to me is known for his toughness and competitiveness. He will always be a Husker and regardless of his performance as a coach we need to leave the past in the past - move on and see what MJ can do, and celebrate the optimism a new coach might bring!

I trust TA knows all these things and more and will take them into account with the next coach.

Last edited:
Who is sugarcoating anything? Lots of folks. Many of us had spears thrown the last three years when the golden boy was challenged. We didn't understand, he needs more time, we didn't understand how bad MR left the program (funny the best games we played were probably had was SF first year)

Many folks are as it is clear that SF a made conscious decision, that clearly were not in the best interest of the program, not to change out assistant coaches.

It is sugarcoating to simply say he failed. He chose to fail. And IF media reports are true as to his commitment level to the job it was malfeasance

So no respect should be given to SF's tenure. He took fans, the university, and players on a swan dive over a cliff by his choice.

I am hopeful for the future but ONLY a fool does not learn from the past

You keep saying he didn't change out assistants, but he actually did.

And way to go on the victimization. I've had just as many "spears" thrown my way so don't give me that.

So, he's not gonna say goodbye to us? He could at least issue a statement. Geez, this place and mucho fans bent over backwards for him. Not to say something seems like he really doesn't care like he always claimed. I wish he would for his own self respect. I guess he's now one of those to never return for any event, etc.
If you retire, then the statement makes sense, but when you are fired, it would be difficult to make an I Love You statement to the fans, etc. Maybe later when the sting goes away, he can say something positive during an interview.

So, he's not gonna say goodbye to us? He could at least issue a statement. Geez, this place and mucho fans bent over backwards for him. Not to say something seems like he really doesn't care like he always claimed. I wish he would for his own self respect. I guess he's now one of those to never return for any event, etc.

That's actually not a bad point. Riley held a press conference.

If the stuff coming from Severe and others is true, there are others that should also be fired for not taking action sooner.

Of course, it's not true, but people want to believe they are important enough to know why things didn't go well on the field.

You keep saying he didn't change out assistants, but he actually did.

And way to go on the victimization. I've had just as many "spears" thrown my way so don't give me that.
So we both feel like we have body wounds. Fair enough

With regards to assistant coaches, he changed out his OC after year two and replaced him with a credit union buddy. Not a serious hire

Then to replace four proven bad coaches after four seasons to save your job is again not a serious decision. Plus it is move evident he hired his OL coach to try to get his nephew and he F that up too. Leaving us with a OL coach who is not ready for prime time and three games in that is clear in spades

So we both feel like we have body wounds. Fair enough

With regards to assistant coaches, he changed out his OC after year two and replaced him with a credit union buddy. Not a serious hire

Then to replace four proven bad coaches after four seasons to save your job is again not a serious decision. Plus it is move evident he hired his OL coach to try to get his nephew and he F that up too. Leaving us with a OL coach who is not ready for prime time and three games in that is clear in spades

He also let Dewitt go. And then the offensive assistants last year.

I agree with you that choosing Lubick to replace Walters was a mistake. That would have been the right time to get an up and comer like Willy Korn, for example.

He also let Dewitt go. And then the offensive assistants last year.

I agree with you that choosing Lubick to replace Walters was a mistake. That would have been the right time to get an up and comer like Willy Korn, for example.
The backdrop to not replacing more assistants earlier that stands out was the horrible OL blocking, AM not making an ounce of improvement from his freshman season (his first two games at KSU should be a bellcow for those who thought he was a great player stuck on a bad team), RB play that sucked, just bad tackling/adjustments at halftime

It was all too much to witness. Clearly we have to admit the culture was bad and against that in year 2 and 3 SF kept blaming his predecessors.

Any rate I am hopeful that MJ will get more out of the kids and with godspeed they might make a bowl game

Secondly, I am hopeful TA will recruit / land a HC that will embrace out past values and help kids develop and succeed

I don't disagree, but I gotta admit that I wouldn't have thought Saban would have touched Kiffin or Sark, either. Who knows, maybe Saban just has something in his heart to save talented but wayward coaches.

But as precise and perfection driven as Saban is, I wouldn't think he'd want Frost.
Saban and some of these other top tier coaches will hire him if they think he can be a benefit and bring something to the table. Frost has proven to be a strong offensive mind. He might not get hired off the bat as an OC at one of those places, but could be hired on as an analyst. A lot of the Bama guys start as analysts and work their way back up. After a couple of years there, you become a hot commodity again.

Dude made $40m at his alma mater and gave them 16-wins and a crap work ethic for it. $2.5m per win. He should be ashamed of himself.

......... he will take the money and head back to Florida

Almost for sure shopping in Florida house. His wife is happy as a lark.

Mar-a-Lago for sale ?? ;)

Take The Money And Run Song

Last edited:

In sports as in life, where there's smoke there's usually fire. This site generally disfavors the posting of smoke, but there's plenty out there beyond Severe's brief segment, and google is your friend.
Google is never your friend.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back