• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked In State Scholarships over 10 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

YUENGLING

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
Here is a list of the Nebraska High Schoolers who were awarded scholarships by the Husker staff over the past ten years.

B. Rudd
B. Teamer
J. Muller
T. Green
A. Birkle

A. Christensen
C. Sievers
T. Stienkuhler
M. Huff
C. Grixby

Z. Potter
R. Rands
J. Souder

B. Martin
D.J. Jones
C. Young
R. Henry

J. Crick
N. Paul
A.Schulte

M. Kreikemier
C. Okfar
B. Stienkuhler

C.J. Zimmer
C. Pensick

B. Marsh
T. Evans
A. Rodreguiez

D. Sutton
Z. Strup
D. Davie
R. Reeves

S. Cotton

A lot of very tough young men in this group but it certainly points to the need to recruit nationwide. I wish I had a list of the Nebraska in state walk-ons who've earned a scholarship over the past ten years. i'm sure I missed one or two in this list.

It definitely seems like the nebraska ol and dl have a higher success rate than the 'skill' guys.

NO real point, just an observation.

I did some quick math on this. Going from the 2003 class through the 2009 class (28 players, including Fisher & Levorson):

18 (64%) exhausted their elgibility at NU (includes Zimmerer & Pensick)
17 (61%) were consistent starters.
7 (25%) were what I loosely termed "stars" (Bo Ruud, Ty Steinkuhler, Z Potter, Crick, Niles, Baker, and Fisher)
8 (29%) got at least a cup of coffee with an NFL team. (I'll assume Pensick and Zimmerer do not go to the League).
3 (11%) have been contributors in the NFL (Potter, Niles, and Crick).

Observations from my last post:

* 1 in 3 in-state recruits will wash out/quit/transfer
* The percentage of starters (61%) is pretty respectable. I'll let you decide for yourself if the Callahan/early Pelini years skew this number.
* Not sure if it is a lack of star power or too high of expectations set by home state fans (Barrett's brother, Dean's son, Potter's size and speed, Paul was a Parade AA and Ahman's cousin, Baker was a 5 star, Fisher turned down OU).
* The NFL numbers are decent, but I'd be curious how many of those were drafted (and in what round) vs free agency. Off the top of my head, I think Crick (4th round) may have been the highest.
* It is worth noting that two of the NFL contributors (Potter and Niles) are doing so at a different position than what they played at NU.

You might want to add to that list the number of NE players who eventually earned a scholarship to get a more accurate evaluation of how many Nebraska players play on scholarship.

Also, add these guys to that list. All ended up on scholarship over the last decade.

Justin Blatchford
Mike Caputo
Wes Cammack
Austin Cassidy
Jase Dean
Ben Eisenhart
Dan Erickson
Alex Henery

Lane Kelly
Brandon Koch
Sam Koch
Colton Koehler