• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

In State Recruiting Article

Freshman team continued until 1988 I think - they were running out of teams to play against. The Military academies and very few other teams (including JC's) still had freshman teams at that point. I think they weren't able to schedule any games in '89 so they just shut it down.

Freshman team continued until 1988 I think - they were running out of teams to play against. The Military academies and very few other teams (including JC's) still had freshman teams at that point. I think they weren't able to schedule any games in '89 so they just shut it down.
I Played Rugby with a guy who played football for Kansas in the 80s. He talked about our freshman beating their JV in a game. According to him it was not close.

You have it about right. The article below has a good history:

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...ock-on-Nebraskas-freshman-and-JV-teams-56950/

From the article: "Records for Nebraska’s freshman-junior varsity team were first kept in 1956, and through its final regularly scheduled season in 1990 the combined record was 120-17-1."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back