• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Immediate Impact

Honas and some grad transfer pass rusher to be determined.

Its possible Washington is also an impact player in his first year but not committed to saying it will happen.

Honas and Tannor are going to get r dun. Chinander referred to Tannor as his next Shaquem Griffin...if he's 2/3 that good in year one, the impact will be evident.

Enough of this “stress” crap. The quarterback who makes the best reads and throws the best ball will start. Martinez seems the best fit as he is mobile. The running back who can produce the most yards not stress will play the most.

Walters wants a offense that puts up ******* points

If/when you can convince Coach Walters to stop using the word "stress" to describe what he wants his offense to produce, then I will too. Is it a deal?

Troy Waters said..

"We're going to try to put stress on the defense," he said. "Any time you get stressed out, you don't play as fast. You don't think as fast, right? We're going to try to do that (to defenses) in multiple ways and try to get them out of their comfort zone and give them different looks, different tempos, different personnel groups, different formations so they've got to think a lot."

Last edited:

If/when you can convince Coach Walters to stop using the word "stress" to describe what he wants his offense to produce, then I will too. Is it a deal?

Troy Waters said..

"We're going to try to put stress on the defense," he said. "Any time you get stressed out, you don't play as fast. You don't think as fast, right? We're going to try to do that (to defenses) in multiple ways and try to get them out of their comfort zone and give them different looks, different tempos, different personnel groups, different formations so they've got to think a lot."
Deal. I think it’s silly that you’re coming up with another one of your theories that the coaches will make the Quarterback race decision based on this idea of stress. And that if Washington can put enough ‘stress’ he’ll get to play. NO Paramus the best damn players will touch the field along with the guys who grasp the playbook the most. IMO you’re looking far too much into this quote.

Last edited:
Deal. I think it’s silly that you’re coming up with another one of your theories that the coaches will make the Quarterback race decision based on this idea of stress. And that if Washington can put enough ‘stress’ he’ll get to play. NO Paramus the best damn players will touch the field along with the guys who grasp the playbook the most. IMO you’re looking far too much into this quote.
Y'all are both saying the same thing just worded differently, I agree with both of you. We're all friends here.

I'm with the majority in saying that Honas and Tannor will make the biggest impact on the defensive side. Honas' film makes me drool and we are in need of a pass rusher than can inject pressure into opposing backfields. On offense, I don't know if I see Martinez starting right away. I think that Greg Bell will get immediate playing time along with someone with outstanding speed on the edge, maybe Woodyard or Andre Hunt.

Martinez has the skills for SF's offense and he will have as much time to learn the offense as any of the other QBs. Also, we don't have a returning starter, so nobody has that advantage over Martinez. POB has some playing experience, but nothing significant.

Troy Walters wants an offense that puts stress on defenses. Trey Bryant and Wilbon will see lots of playing time, but I think Maurice Washington sounds like the RB that can produce the most stress. I think Martinez will be the QB that can produce the most stress.

I think Wilbon will see limited playing time. A lot will depend on Barnes health. If his knees are older than his body than surgery might not have totally cured his knee issue.

I think Wilbon will see limited playing time. A lot will depend on Barnes health. If his knees are older than his body than surgery might not have totally cured his knee issue.

SF uses RBs as receivers and receivers as RBs. No telling what we will see.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Actually I think the coaches will decide the QB race primarily on QB mobility and foot speed.

However, QB mobility & foot speed = a stressed out defense.

Actually Coach Walters said most of the stress caused by our offense will be due to playing fast, various pre-snap shifts, and various personnel groups. But player speed and talent puts stress on a defense as well. SF will always be looking for more speed.

Last edited:

I think a lot of this class will contribute early. The only "sure" redshirts i see are Farniok, Canty, Alston and Rogers. I think the staff will redshirt two of the freshmen receivers, just because they probably want to space out the class a bit. Including McQuitty, they're looking at five freshmen, they don't want that sort of eventual attrition from one position group down the road, I wouldn't think.

I think Martinez, Bell, Washington, Honas, Deontai Williams, Cam'ron Jones, Dominick Watt, Jaron Woodyard, Miles Jones, CJ Smith, Tannor and Mike Williams all see playing time and push for starting spots or involvement in key packages.

Honas and Tannor are going to get r dun. Chinander referred to Tannor as his next Shaquem Griffin...if he's 2/3 that good in year one, the impact will be evident.
He might be...not sure he will be strong enough to play there yet. We will see.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back