• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Iliinois-Miami on BTN in 60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husker Country Doc

Heisman
20 Year Member
Illinois is going to carve up our defense. Creative playcalling.

Miami's defense is better than ours.

Hope is delayed disappointment. So if you are saying to yourself, "I hope our defense starts gelling soon," you are kidding yourself.

Illinois running the Wildcat and QB zone read up the gut. No need to do anything else vs. our D.

Putting it in perspective:

Miami Ohio is horrible awful (0-4).....I would not read a thing into that game....Miami is averaging only 149 yards of offense per game....barely any pulse...

Illinois defense is as bad as ours.....

They gave up 615 yards to Washington.....

They were ranked the 113th defense in the country before they got 'well' against Miami-Ohio....and they moved up to 92nd....

Their run defense is 104th in the country....they are allowing opponents to complete 68.5% of their passes....not counting Miami of Ohio of course who hardly has any pulse on offense....

Illinois had no running game until they faced an 0-4 horrid Miami Ohio team....

I suggest you go watch Illinois vs Washington......

Miami Ohio is just horrible....one of the worst teams in the country.....as I said above only averaging 149 yards offense a game....and their defense is awful....Kentucky is 1-3 and blew out Miami 41-7 as just an example....

I would read noting into the Illini vs Miami Ohio.....

They lost to Marshall, Kentucky, Cincy and Illinois.

I'll have to see it to believe it.

You can deride Miami Ohio all you want. Nebraska has played WY, USM, UCLA, and SDSU, and put up WORSE defensive stats than Miami Ohio.

I'm not saying all is lost, simply stating a fact that Illinios looks unstoppable in this game.

You can deride Miami Ohio all you want. Nebraska has played WY, USM, UCLA, and SDSU, and put up WORSE defensive stats than Miami Ohio.

I'm not saying all is lost, simply stating a fact that Illinios looks unstoppable in this game.

If you saw Southern Illinois carve up Illinois in the second half... you would know that we are going to have no trouble scoring on nearly every possession if we take care of the football... The Salukiis had the ball on the three yard line down 42-34 in the final minutes and could not punch it for the chance to tie on the 2pt conversion... SIU is in SDSUs conference (they actually play this week) and SDSU is expected to win comfortably..

Last edited:

Of course there is a difference between being 3-1 and 0-4.

Illinois may be unstoppable, but they also haven't shown a propensity for stopping a good offense.

It could come down to which has the best offense.

Its a fact they are awful....and Illinois is not a great defense....in the same realm as Nebraska....

Yup I saw that game too....1AA team...and as you said not a great team...

Washington owned them and had it not been for turnovers would have blown them out.....like I said 615 yards of offense....

If you saw Southern Illinois carve up Illinois in the second half... you would know that we are going to have no trouble scoring on nearly every possession if we take care of the football... The Salukiis had the ball on the three yard line down 42-34 in the final minutes and could not punch it for the chance to tie on the 2pt conversion... SIU is in SDSUs conference (they actually play this week) and SDSU is expected to win comfortably..

Why is it that everyone says that we will run right through their defense, yet no one thinks that Ill won't run right through ours? Their coach is saying the exact same thing about their defense: "I've seen improvements in practice this week, we are making big strides." Yes, Washington had 600+ yards of offense against them, but last time I checked Washington was undefeated. If you don't think Washington would gash our defense in a similar fashion you are kidding yourself.

Last edited:

Both defenses are bad...its a given.....everyone understands that....just look at where both are ranked....neither has done anything to convince anyone up to this point that they can stop a good offense...and that's a fact....maybe one will show up this Saturday...if they don't its going to be a high scoring shootout....

My point was to show that Illinois is far from a defensive juggernaut and has serious issues of their own...just look at their defensive stats if you do not believe me....and I've watched them play this year...they have huge issues too...seeing is believing....

UCLA would have gashed Illinois for a ton of yards. too....and if you don't think so your fooling yourself too...

Last I checked UCLA is undefeated also....3-0 in fact with a big game with Utah who is 3-1 this coming Thursday evening...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back