• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If you have not read this article, please do.

CrnhskrBob

Husker Immortal
20 Year Member
Most, if not all of us, were guilty of piling on Terran during the season. Yes, we didn't know his situation at home was bad, but we are guilty, nonetheless.

I wish to apologize to Terran and his family, for the way we criticized him all season. Not all can deal with a family member dying, not letting it affect his work or everyday life. I know I had a hard time, dealing with the death of my mom, and then later, my daughter.

Again, we are so sorry for your loss, Terran. You and the family are in my prayers.

I just wanted to get this off my chest. Thanks for listening. :)

https://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1754924

Last edited:

I also did. I hope he gets solid advice on his future and makes the best decision for himself. Good luck, Terran!!

HUSKER HOT SAUCE
user-online.png

Varsity
17.gif
<dl class="userinfo_extra"><dt>Join Date</dt><dd>Feb 2014</dd><dt>Location</dt><dd>Somewhere in the Sierra Nevadas</dd><dt>Posts</dt><dd>11,387</dd></dl>

Well, I think we will see an improved player in Petteway. And a more mature Petteway at that. JMO, but I think the guy definitely deserves the chance to prove himself. But, if like you and seemingly, most others on here, are right and he flakes, then I agree that he needs to be benched unless or until he gets his act together. I do think he will get it together myself as I think that he has it in him.

HUSKER HOT SAUCE
user-online.png

Varsity
17.gif
<dl class="userinfo_extra"><dt>Join Date</dt><dd>Feb 2014</dd><dt>Location</dt><dd>Somewhere in the Sierra Nevadas</dd><dt>Posts</dt><dd>11,387</dd></dl>

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by

I seriously have to think, that he is willing to make what ever changes need to be made if he seriously wants to go pro. It's his future and he has the skills to do it. Now, it's up to him to rise to the occasion, and I for one, am rooting for him to succeed not only at Nebraska, but in the pros.

I have been on Petteway's side from the get go. I knew he was having some problems with his mother(we can never truly know what some one else is going through.) I have also championed him on a couple of other threads,(although I couldn't locate them) where I was essentially the only one sticking up for Terran, as I think the kid has a LOT of Character myself. I am going to root for TP to have success no matter what he does next year, it is his and his immediate families decision, and theirs alone. BEST OF LUCK TERRAN.

Last edited:
1 Week Ago #12
HUSKER HOT SAUCE
user-online.png

Varsity
17.gif
<dl class="userinfo_extra"><dt>Join Date</dt><dd>Feb 2014</dd><dt>Location</dt><dd>Somewhere in the Sierra Nevadas</dd><dt>Posts</dt><dd>11,388</dd></dl>
Petteway gets trashed on here, but, I like the guy and he can definitely score. Attitude? Perhaps, but did you see the way the rest of the team played this past season? There were most definitely nights where it seemed the rest of the team wished they were anywhere else or doing anything other than playing Basketball.​

Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote

This one, I took some flack for, but I like the kid. I stood behind him for the last two years, and I will continue to do so.

And then this one here.....

1 Week Ago #30
HUSKER HOT SAUCE
user-online.png

Varsity
17.gif
<dl class="userinfo_extra"><dt>Join Date</dt><dd>Feb 2014</dd><dt>Location</dt><dd>Somewhere in the Sierra Nevadas</dd><dt>Posts</dt><dd>11,388</dd></dl>
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by bilsker
Teams...even bad ones...are going to score 60 points or so. Someone has to score them. As much as TP shoots that he scores 18 a game isn't impressive.

I still like the guy. I personally think the kid can play.

Last edited:

What Petteway is going through is rough but critics of his play are still right on target. I am sure his mothers tragic ordeal weighed heavily on him all season and it is probably a valid excuse for subpar play but it doesn't change the fact that he shot poorly, displayed a crappy attitude, and made poor decisions. I hope he can bounce back from the loss of his mother and put things together on the basketball court whether he stays at NU or leaves for other opportunities.

What Petteway is going through is rough but critics of his play are still right on target. I am sure his mothers tragic ordeal weighed heavily on him all season and it is probably a valid excuse for subpar play but it doesn't change the fact that he shot poorly, displayed a crappy attitude, and made poor decisions. I hope he can bounce back from the loss of his mother and put things together on the basketball court whether he stays at NU or leaves for other opportunities.

All I can say to that is, he wasn't the only guy on the team and his teammates did very little a lot of the time to pick up any slack that Petteway may have had. I guess it's similar to a QB not having his best game, even when receivers drop passes that hit them in the hands, it still falls on the QB, and then the coach. But I still think the kid is pretty good and after a summer to clear his head, if he comes back, I think he shows what he did two seasons ago. I hope he comes back for his Sr. season.....

All I can say to that is, he wasn't the only guy on the team and his teammates did very little a lot of the time to pick up any slack that Petteway may have had. I guess it's similar to a QB not having his best game, even when receivers drop passes that hit them in the hands, it still falls on the QB, and then the coach. But I still think the kid is pretty good and after a summer to clear his head, if he comes back, I think he shows what he did two seasons ago. I hope he comes back for his Sr. season.....

I hope he comes back and plays more of a team style ball. He didn't shoot that great two seasons ago either. If we can find some other weapons, maybe he won't feel he has to do too much and will get some more open looks.

I hope he comes back and plays more of a team style ball. He didn't shoot that great two seasons ago either. If we can find some other weapons, maybe he won't feel he has to do too much and will get some more open looks.

Indeed. It seems that maybe we do have some guys that will play this coming year(that didn't play last year), and with two scholarships available, who knows. I want to see the HUSKERS back in the tourney next year, and going as far as possible. GBR!!!

Last edited:

Most, if not all of us, were guilty of piling on Terran during the season. Yes, we didn't know his situation at home was bad, but we are guilty, nonetheless.

I wish to apologize to Terran and his family, for the way we criticized him all season.

Very well said, C'Bob! We Are talking about the leading scorer in the B1G for 2013/14. Without him we do not return to the NCAA Tournament for the first time in several years. He has been criticized as a 'Prima Donna' and Miles as well for seeming inability to impose discipline. I do not believe either. From what I have read Terran Petteway is a person of high character in all his personal dealings, of whom we can all be proud. I hope he chooses to return for his senior year, and to his prior form.

:clap:
Very well said, C'Bob! We Are talking about the leading scorer in the B1G for 2013/14. Without him we do not return to the NCAA Tournament for the first time in several years. He has been criticized as a 'Prima Donna' and Miles as well for seeming inability to impose discipline. I do not believe either. From what I have read Terran Petteway is a person of high character in all his personal dealings, of whom we can all be proud. I hope he chooses to return for his senior year, and to his prior form.
Very well said!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back