• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If we eliminated the grandfather clause, I think people would pay a lot less, AD Alberts says

HuskerBLM

Wingman
2 Year Member
About 8,000 tickets, roughly one-third of what Alberts considers the “best seats” in Memorial Stadium, have been grandfathered in for 30 years or more, meaning those fans do not pay a donation.

Their neighbors in various parts of the stadium are required to shell out for what the university refers to as a “seat licensing fee,” an annual donation ranging between $250 and $2,500 per seat, which has created a cost disparity Alberts said some Husker fans are finding difficult to justify.

“Increasingly, most of our fans are telling us it’s hard to rationalize that spend when the person next to me is paying $0,” Alberts said.

Ending the grandfather clause or modifying it in order to bring ticket prices into greater parity in various areas of the stadium could reduce the average cost of a Husker ticket, he added, which in turn could make the renovated Memorial Stadium a little more accessible to a wider number of fans.

“If we eliminated the grandfather clause, I think people would pay a lot less,” the athletic director said.

It's about time and long overdue!!!

About 8,000 tickets, roughly one-third of what Alberts considers the “best seats” in Memorial Stadium, have been grandfathered in for 30 years or more, meaning those fans do not pay a donation.

Their neighbors in various parts of the stadium are required to shell out for what the university refers to as a “seat licensing fee,” an annual donation ranging between $250 and $2,500 per seat, which has created a cost disparity Alberts said some Husker fans are finding difficult to justify.

“Increasingly, most of our fans are telling us it’s hard to rationalize that spend when the person next to me is paying $0,” Alberts said.

Ending the grandfather clause or modifying it in order to bring ticket prices into greater parity in various areas of the stadium could reduce the average cost of a Husker ticket, he added, which in turn could make the renovated Memorial Stadium a little more accessible to a wider number of fans.

“If we eliminated the grandfather clause, I think people would pay a lot less,” the athletic director said.

It's about time and long overdue!!!

Do it TA.Filling the stadium seems to be getting harder each year.Jmo.Didn’t know that they had a grandfather clause..Keep the faith.GBR.

I wonder if they are looking at limiting staff/faculty tickets? I have known a few people who purchased those tickets mostly to give away/sell to friends and family. My next door neighbor does that currently. They haven't attended a game themselves in 3 years. I think requiring a donation and/or reducing faculty/staff tickets could be an option.

I wonder if they are looking at limiting staff/faculty tickets? I have known a few people who purchased those tickets mostly to give away/sell to friends and family. My next door neighbor does that currently. They haven't attended a game themselves in 3 years. I think requiring a donation and/or reducing faculty/staff tickets could be an option.
Yeah, that's just wrong. I'd be ok with faculty getting tickets without a donation if the tickets were non-transferable.

Is that a legal deal for tax purposes?
national-lampoons-christmas-vacation.gif

Eliminate the grandfathered seats, and the mandatory donation. People with the highest voluntary donations pick first and go down the line. If any seats left over, sell them first come without a donation. It would all work itself out in the end.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back