• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked If NU doesn't get ranked this year it will be only the second time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Considering seven ranked teams which lost their bowl games, and now have worse or equal records, it's inevitable. Only one team with the same record beat a higher ranked team than NU - USC. Ought to be able to climb over those six. I'm predicting a ranking between 20 and 25.

Does it really matter if we finished ranked? I think it may help national perception to some degree so I say yes. Either way, finishing the year on a winning note, and beating an SEC team is positive for many reasons!

Does it really matter if we finished ranked? I think it may help national perception to some degree so I say yes. Either way, finishing the year on a winning note, and beating an SEC team is positive for many reasons!

It does to me.

It doesn't make a difference in the big scheme of things. But I would rather point to a ranking if I were trying to recruit players.

Hopefully the splash TD by Enunwa gets enough pub. I think it puts us over the top in voters' eyes. (fingers crossed)

It would be good to climb into the rankings, hope we aren't buried too deep to crawl in.

Could it be that hail mary to win the NU game? without a little luck we are a 5 loss team. If we finish in the top 25 its gravy...Like the guy says anything over 9 wins is gravy so. We werent very consistent this year except in turning over the ball in crucial situations.

Besides the voters have bigger fish to fry like how to keep Bama in the top 5 after two season ending losses or OSU, the same thing.

Last edited:
Should be about 15-20.

Will start in the top 10 next year.

If we end up being ranked this year it certainly won't be any higher than 20th. Beating the 22nd ranked team with their backup QB doesn't usually cause a team to go from being unranked to the 15-20 range. I'm sure beating Georgia looks much better to us than it will to a lot of voters. But I don't really care, it was a great win as far as I'm concerned and worth sitting in the rain for four hours…..

As for the bolded part……..let's just say your optimism is impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back