• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If I were in charge...

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
4 conferences of 10 teams each. Every conference is a round robin. Best two teams from each conference advance to an 8-team playoff. Everybody else can drop to G5 / FCS or NAIA, for all I care.

I picked teams based on historical wins, relevance, and trophies. There are a handful of fringe teams who you could make a case for, but it's not like this would ever happen anyway. Current conference alignment means nothing.

WESTCENTRALEASTSOUTH
ArizonaArkansasBoston CollegeAlabama
Arizona StateIowaMichiganAuburn
CaliforniaLSUMichigan StateClemson
ColoradoMinnesotaNotre DameFlorida
OregonMissouriOhio StateFlorida State
StanfordNebraskaPenn StateGeorgia
UCLAOklahomaPittGeorgia Tech
USCTexasSyracuseMiami
UtahTexas A&MVirginia TechNorth Carolina
WashingtonWisconsinWest VirginiaTennessee

4 conferences of 10 teams each. Every conference is a round robin. Best two teams from each conference advance to an 8-team playoff. Everybody else can drop to G5 / FCS or NAIA, for all I care.

I picked teams based on historical wins, relevance, and trophies. There are a handful of fringe teams who you could make a case for, but it's not like this would ever happen anyway. Current conference alignment means nothing.

WESTCENTRALEASTSOUTH
ArizonaArkansasBoston CollegeAlabama
Arizona StateIowaMichiganAuburn
CaliforniaLSUMichigan StateClemson
ColoradoMinnesotaNotre DameFlorida
OregonMissouriOhio StateFlorida State
StanfordNebraskaPenn StateGeorgia
UCLAOklahomaPittGeorgia Tech
USCTexasSyracuseMiami
UtahTexas A&MVirginia TechNorth Carolina
WashingtonWisconsinWest VirginiaTennessee
How about if you are at the bottom of your conference for like 2 years you get dropped out of the big conferences and the top team from the lower conference gets elevated...or make it really interesting and the team that finishes last in each conference gets dropped and the top for from the lower conference get elevated.

Last edited:
How about if you are at the bottom of your conference for like 2 years you get dropped out of the big conferences and the top team from the lower conference gets elevated...or make it really interesting and the team that finishes last in each conference gets dropped and the top for from the lower conference get elevated.
I’ve had this exact conversation many times with my dad. He’s always really liked the idea. Reward teams that improve. Punish the losers.

could add 1 more team to each division, make em 11 teams each, totalling 10 games in division, and 2 non div games

Reactions: RMR
your suggestion is certainly better than 16+ team super confr..... which will have teams that you never play, but every 5-6 years, if thats the case, why even have divisions this big, if you dont get a chance to play each other but twice a decade.

It’s slready turning into a circus… might as well call in the clowns

Haven’t seen a good juggling act in a while.

We’ll only need 4 tents

Might as well. College football is dead. It’s just the little NFL. Regional rivals dead, student athletes dead, fun dead. This all sucks .
My god Frosty, pass the razor blade when you're done.
Edit: not making fun....today's game is not the game I fell in love with

Last edited:

Sorry! I just hate it and it’s getting to me. Everything special about college sports is being taken away because of money.
It's getting sad man. A scary thought I have more and more is maybe it needs to all crash down to turn back into the game we fell in love with.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back