• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If AJ stayed put

Huskerthom

All Big 10
10 Year Member
Rewatching the IL/NE game. AJ Bush did a really good job against us in a losing effort. Now I do not think he beats out 2AM last year. the question is would he have been better than our back ups at the time? Good enough to get us our first win against Troy and make it so we do not have to roll out a 75% 2AM against MI?

Thought we needed a fresh off season topic.

I'm not so sure … the offense was new to everyone. Bush is/might be slightly more athletic than either of NU's backup options but he would've been as "lost" as the others in the new offense.

I'm not so sure … the offense was new to everyone. Bush is/might be slightly more athletic than either of NU's backup options but he would've been as "lost" as the others in the new offense.
True but the offense he ran last year at IL was similar to what we ran.

Overall, I wasn’t very impressed with Bush. He ran well, but didn’t pass that great. I would rather have had Tristan Gebbia stay than AJ. With him, I think we beat CU and whoever else we lost to without AM. Except Michigan.

Last edited:
Rewatching the IL/NE game. AJ Bush did a really good job against us in a losing effort. Now I do not think he beats out 2AM last year. the question is would he have been better than our back ups at the time? Good enough to get us our first win against Troy and make it so we do not have to roll out a 75% 2AM against MI?

Agree it would have been nice to see what Frost and his coaching staff could have done with AJ if they had him as a freshman.

I don't think he is anywhere near being accurate enough to play in this system.

He looked great against the NU defense before they started to figure things out. Big, broken plays. A consistent D? He's not doing so well.

Overall, I wasn’t very impressed with Bush. He ran well, but didn’t pass that great. I would rather have had Tristan Gebbia stay than AJ. With him, I think we beat CU and whoever else we lost to without AM. Except Michigan.
Well, we will get to see how he does this season....

Hmmm... better than Vedral (if he was eligible), probably not. Better than Bunch? Athletically, yes, but from a playbook standpoint probably not. Watch Frost first series against Troy and how mad he was with ball placement by the refs (that they screwed up) after the kickoff. Even Bunch who is pretty smart needed a crutch.

How well he played was 100% due to how bad our defense was.

AM is miles and away better than AJ Bush but as a back-up, he might've been good enough to get us a win against CU and Troy but i'm not confident even saying that. He's just not that good.

He was one of those Bo recruits where January came rolling around and he realized that he needed more players so he went out and got kids who had no business being here to commit almost right away because we were the best offer they had ... for good reason.

I seriously don't like the "If" game as it's speculating in reverse. I am just really excited about the next couple or so of years for Husker football. It could be the Kool-Aid, or my Rose colored glasses, but I think we become truly relevant again. GO BIG RED!!! :Helmet::N::Gobigred:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back