• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked I will leave the offense alone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotlanta Husker

Junior Varsity
10 Year Member
Cause we are so thin on the OL...heck I will leave the DL alone as well... but I am taking a shot at Banker...

Going into this game I had 1.5 true fears from the tOSU offense.... Samuel and JTBs ability to escape....

Samuel should have been bracketed all night and never should have been in a situation where there was not 2 people on him... we should have made someone else beat us... 178 yards from scrimmage was unacceptable and it's on our defensive gameplan imho...

Cause we are so thin on the OL...heck I will leave the DL alone as well... but I am taking a shot at Banker...

Going into this game I had 1.5 true fears from the tOSU offense.... Samuel and JTBs ability to escape....

Samuel should have been bracketed all night and never should have been in a situation where there was not 2 people on him... we should have made someone else beat us... 178 yards from scrimmage was unacceptable and it's on our defensive gameplan imho...
Then put it on Mike, he's in charge. Look we flat out stunk in every facit of the game. Can't pin this on one thing.

Last edited:
Then put it on Mike, he's in charge. Look we flat out were stunk in every facit of the game. Can't pin this on one thing.
It was obvious that he was the only guy that our secondary and outside backers was not going to be able to handle... so take him away and keep this closer so we had a chance in the 4th Q... he should been most of our focus on defensive gameplan this week.

It was obvious that he was the only guy that our secondary and outside backers was not going to be able to handle... so take him away and keep this closer so we had a chance in the 4th Q... he should been most of our focus on defensive gameplan this week.
Our D was on the field for 26 more plays then the O, some of the blame goes there. GBR

Our D was on the field for 26 more plays then the O, some of the blame goes there. GBR
That is true but without Tommy we had no chance on offense. I just dont understand how Samuel was so unmolested getting into his routes... he should have been pressed with help over the top the entire night. He is a true NFL talent... their other guys are good but not like him... We treated him like TE instead of an explosive 1st rd draft pick WR that he might end up being.

Last edited:
That is true but without Tommy we had no chance on offense. I just dont understand how Samuel was so unmolested getting into his routes... he should have been pressed with help over the top the entire night. He is a true NFL talent... their other guys are good but not like him... We treated him like TE instead of an explosive 1st rd draft pick WR that he might end up being.
No doubt he's good but we were out classed by every single player on Ohio St, they are flat out better then us.

No doubt he's good but we were out classed by every single player on Ohio St, they are flat out better then us.
I did not actually see that... we tackled poorly but their back was no better than ours... he just had space to run in.

their cover corners were tight but our guys dropped a lot of balls...

We were out manned in nearly every aspect...position by position. You could argue the final score should not have been as bad but no amount of game planning was going to 'make it close' in the fourth quarter.

I did not actually see that... we tackled poorly but their back was no better than ours... he just had space to run in.

their cover corners were tight but our guys dropped a lot of balls...
Dropping balls could mean you not a great reciever, they didn't drop balls, maybe better receivers? Point is they were all better then us last night. GBR

Hutto, you're all over this board being the "cold voice of reason" about NU's limitations and shortcomings after a painful blowout. Can't disagree with most of what you've said but you seem a bit too energetic in pointing out what the team isn't. What's the agenda?

Last edited:

Dropping balls could mean you not a great reciever, they didn't drop balls, maybe better receivers? Point is they were all better then us last night. GBR
Our guys dropped balls all night... it was terrible honestly... I dont expect us to catch everything but balls cant go through your arms on 9 routes.. when you take shots and the ball is there, you have to make the play... Westy does... our other guys dont.

Our guys dropped balls all night... it was terrible honestly... I dont expect us to catch everything but balls cant go through your arms on 9 routes.. when you take shots and the ball is there, you have to make the play... Westy does... our other guys dont.
That's my point, we all know (hell the whole football word knows) the Westy has great hands, the other receivers we have really don't IMO.

Hutto, you're all over this board being the "cold voice of reason" about NU's limitations and shortcomings after a painful blowout. Can't disagree with most of what you've said but you seem a bit too energetic in pointing out what the team isn't. What's the agenda?
No agenda, just giving my view from 10,000 feet. This game sucked but we have issues beyond this game. Just pointing them out. Not meant to bash. We flat out need to get better, that's all any of us really want. GBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back