• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I was feeling down about our program until...

Take a good look at the rosters and starters on the 5 National Championship teams and tell me you can’t win with local talent.
No Place Like Nebraska!
I agree with you, but unfortunately that was when our strength and conditioning program was the only one like itself in the country. That same song and dance doesn’t work when everybody has caught up to you in 2020.

Why are we so quick to assume that everybody that leaves has a character issue? Maybe there are mistakes a young head coach is making that is making certain recruits feel unwelcome.
So you’re saying a very young recruit is more mature thinking than a somewhat older, “young” head coach with past D1 experience ?

Frost knows how to run many different offenses and his offense can be many styles to fit. . If he had a quarterback like he had at UCF and some lines like there protecting that QB , we would all be talking differently.
Humbly spoken, I wonder if overcoaching Martinez is the problem?
Sometimes a natural athlete can lose his " natural" if you get him thinking too much or just not playing his game.?

I think a big part of Martinez problem is over thinking, wondering where the ball will be heading when it is snapped.

I agree with you, but unfortunately that was when our strength and conditioning program was the only one like itself in the country. That same song and dance doesn’t work when everybody has caught up to you in 2020.
The dirty little secret here is that we have been PASSED BY most schools from a S&C perspective. So no, we won't be winning natty's, let alone conference championships with strictly local kids.

So you’re saying a very young recruit is more mature thinking than a somewhat older, “young” head coach with past D1 experience ?
I'm not coming close to saying that. When you have a team that has been labeled as having chemistry issues, are losing substantial pieces of recruiting classes, have obvious development opportunity, and have signs of problems across the board I am not going to put all the blame on the players that leave. You apparently are buying what the head coach is selling us which very well could be correct or it could be a case of him covering his own backside for issues he doesn't want to address or admit. I find it concerning when we preach family then I see a tweet from a player leaving that says he is looking for "family" in his next destination. My guess is that it's somewhere in the middle with both players and coaches that shoulder the blame. At the end of the day it's a issue that needs to be resolved and it falls back to the guy in charge. Either change what you are doing day to day or find better fits for your program. At the end of the day you are losing pieces of your roster that you that you thought you had resolved through recruiting and for some reason you have players that think Nebraska isn't where they should be.

Development is 1A. Retention is probably 1B.
where does winning fit in. 1C?
000978313-hq-168-80.jpg

I'm not coming close to saying that. When you have a team that has been labeled as having chemistry issues, are losing substantial pieces of recruiting classes, have obvious development opportunity, and have signs of problems across the board I am not going to put all the blame on the players that leave. You apparently are buying what the head coach is selling us which very well could be correct or it could be a case of him covering his own backside for issues he doesn't want to address or admit. I find it concerning when we preach family then I see a tweet from a player leaving that says he is looking for "family" in his next destination. My guess is that it's somewhere in the middle with both players and coaches that shoulder the blame. At the end of the day it's a issue that needs to be resolved and it falls back to the guy in charge. Either change what you are doing day to day or find better fits for your program. At the end of the day you are losing pieces of your roster that you that you thought you had resolved through recruiting and for some reason you have players that think Nebraska isn't where they should be.

Who has applied that label? Also, did you ever stop to think that maybe that recruit is looking for a "family" that will support them regardless of how they act? I'm sure many families support the black sheep, but many families also try to get that black sheep on the right road. All families do not function in the same way.

Who has applied that label? Also, did you ever stop to think that maybe that recruit is looking for a "family" that will support them regardless of how they act? I'm sure many families support the black sheep, but many families also try to get that black sheep on the right road. All families do not function in the same way.
You can chose to put 100% of the blame on the player or you can chose to blame the coach or you can do as I do and chose to believe it's a combination. At the end of the day it doesn't matter, we just have to quit losing players that can contribute.

Additionally, it is our head coach that has claimed we have had chemistry issues.

Well all I can say is they don’t quit I’ll take as many as I can get. Hard working kids who don’t care about stars, can’t beat that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back