• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked I thought Wisconsin contained Braxton Miller pretty well

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedEd

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
for his running ability last night. Anyone else think so? He wasn't injured, was he. OSU, like ND, has seemed to dodge a lot of bullets this year to squeak out wins. I guess Urban Meyer has said osu is a good team, but not a great one. I agree.

Seems to be the theme this year in College Football, a lot of good teams (some with better fortunes than others) but no team that is definitively great! The Huskers could easily be sitting at 5-6 right now if they didnt "dodge a lot of bullets this year to squeak out wins". Good teams find ways to win!

I have watched OSU games closely since they beat us. Miller is not the same player we faced. Now there may be two reasons for this: (1) he had his best game against us (how often have we heard that? I call it the Nebraska Syndrome) or (2) he is nicked up physically and/or mentally. I think if we play them again, we win.

Seems to be the theme this year in College Football, a lot of good teams (some with better fortunes than others) but no team that is definitively great! The Huskers could easily be sitting at 5-6 right now if they didnt "dodge a lot of bullets this year to squeak out wins". Good teams find ways to win!

See my sig line.

I have watched OSU games closely since they beat us. Miller is not the same player we faced. Now there may be two reasons for this: (1) he had his best game against us (how often have we heard that? I call it the Nebraska Syndrome) or (2) he is nicked up physically and/or mentally. I think if we play them again, we win.

He looked good against Penn State, Indiana, and Illinois. I don't buy the "he had his best game against us garbage" ... maybe, just maybe, coaches gameplanned against him and the players executed the gameplan effectively. Nebraska's effort/execution was pathetic against OSU. Miller is still as dangerous as he's ever been, but, with teams keying in on him, he's getting slowed down. Wisconsin has a good, fundamentally sound D and it's not surprising to see him struggle in Madtown. I don't expect Martinez to go wild in the CCG (if we get there) either.

He looked good against Penn State, Indiana, and Illinois. I don't buy the "he had his best game against us garbage" ... maybe, just maybe, coaches gameplanned against him and the players executed the gameplan effectively. Nebraska's effort/execution was pathetic against OSU. Miller is still as dangerous as he's ever been, but, with teams keying in on him, he's getting slowed down. Wisconsin has a good, fundamentally sound D and it's not surprising to see him struggle in Madtown. I don't expect Martinez to go wild in the CCG (if we get there) either.

OK so my analysis/opinion is "garbage" while you think yours is "fact." Got it.

I'll have to argue both points.

1. I've watch ever OSU game this season. Miller did not have his BEST game against the Huskers. He had his best game on the ground against us as up to that point, rush defense and poor tackling was a major concern for the team. Miller has been a player in every contest and is a huge reason for the success they have had this season. Trying to make it seem like Nebraska "elevated" an overrated player is nonsense. We played him extremely well for 3/4 of the first half. After the first big play on the ground, the team got away from the original game plan. D. Robinson, a player who is just as dangerous, had his worst game in his career in Lincoln (only had 104 total yards of offense when he left the game, with his biggest play from scrimmage being an 8 yard gain.

2. B. Miller is not dinged up and has not been all season. Each time he was taken out of the game this season, the results were negative on (they found nothing and he practiced the Monday following) the injury. Not sure how he would be dinged up Mentally when his team is undefeated due to his production.

Wisconsin played him well, and I give them credit for that. They limited his most dangerous weapon (his legs) and forced him to be a manager of the offense. The scheme that NU came to Columbus with, but they were able to do it for the final 3 quarters while we were only able to do it the first quarter.

every team did a better job on him than we did

Wrong..........vs NU 7/14 127 passing 1 TD/ 186 rushing 1 TD............313 Total yards 2 TDs.

vs Cal: 249 passing 4 TDs 1 INT/ 75 yards rushing 1 TD.................324 Total yards 5 TDs
vs IU: 211 passing 2 TD 1 INT/ 149 rushing 1 TD..........................360 Total yards 3 TDs
vs PSU: 143 passing 1 TD 1 INT/ 134 rushing 2 TDs......................277 Total yards 3 TDs
vs Illi: 226 passing 2 TDs 0 INT/ 73 rushing 1 TD..........................299 Total yards 3 TDs

Looks like everyone is having a problem with Miller not just NU. And truthfully only one team has been able to limit his production which is Wisconsin. 97 passing 0 TDs/ 48 rushing 0 TDs........145 Total yards 0 TDs......and they still lost.
All that garbage that every team is doing better with dual threat QBs sounds dumber and dumber every post.........because as I recall, we currently have a dual threat also and he's been conference player of the week 4 times this season......so, it sounds like the problem isn't limited to just the team coming out of Lincoln.

OK so my analysis/opinion is "garbage" while you think yours is "fact." Got it.

In this instance, your analysis is wrong and, yes, mine is fact. There's no "Nebraska Syndrome" or whatever. He's had bigger games than the one against us this year and our lack of preparation/execution should be called just that ... not a fabricated term that makes it sound as if players are having career games/playing way over their heads against us.

In this instance, your analysis is wrong and, yes, mine is fact. There's no "Nebraska Syndrome" or whatever. He's had bigger games than the one against us this year and our lack of preparation/execution should be called just that ... not a fabricated term that makes it sound as if players are having career games/playing way over their heads against us.

+1

He did have his best game against us, but not just at the results of only his efforts, our D made him look pretty good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back