• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked I think the coaches knew T. Martinez was hurt before UCLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some things I saw them call for Tommy in the SDSU game is what they used to call a lot for a healthy Martinez. My 1 big example is the fake read option out of the diamond formation where all 3 backs lead the QB into the hole. We have seen Martinez get great yards time and time again with that play. Never was run during UCLA game.

I think a mistake was made not giving the ball to a back up QB. The result wouldn't have been much worse and maybe you end up with a Brook Berringer moment and win the game.

Just my opinion. Not a rumor.

I think the fact he was in a boot BEFORE the UCLA game might have been a dead give-away.

I think the fact he was in a boot BEFORE the UCLA game might have been a dead give-away.

I hadn't heard that before. I listen to a lot of pre game crap and no one mentioned to boot before the game. If this is the case, that's just plain stupid. Without his running ability t-mart is.....ummm....lets just say he shouldn't be out there

I hadn't heard that before. I listen to a lot of pre game crap and no one mentioned to boot before the game. If this is the case, that's just plain stupid. Without his running ability t-mart is.....ummm....lets just say he shouldn't be out there

Yeah, I've only heard the boot showed up right after the game. Regardless the coaches knew before that next Monday, their claimed date of "finding out".

Come on now lets give the guy some props for all the great things he's done and let him have a peaceful senior season.

I know that he was in a boot before the game, but I think that he was more injured than just a little bit like we were led to believe. Everyone was led to believe that he was fine. I didn't read anything that said he shouldn't play if TM was hurt. My point is that it was pretty obvious to me during the UCLA game that TM wasn't playing like he used to. So who is at fault. The coaches for not knowing the extent or TM for not telling them the truth.

My whole thing is he scrambled for a first down and accelerated away from all of the UCLA defenders... then he has a crappy game and he had turf toe? I'm not saying he wasn't hurt, but I am saying turf toe doesn't make it so that you curl up in a ball while still standing upright before Zumwalt hits you and then fumble. That has nothing to do with anything a podiatrist can help with, that's a problem you schedule an appointment with a gynecologist about...

UCLA's D has a few players that will make most any offensive player look slow. Excuses are like a certain human orifice ... everyone has one. Unless the NU QB got hurt during halftime, after having had a huge hand in his team's scoring 21 in the first half, I am not buying his injury causing the second half to turn around the way it did. Props to UCLA.

Last edited:

My whole thing is he scrambled for a first down and accelerated away from all of the UCLA defenders... then he has a crappy game and he had turf toe? I'm not saying he wasn't hurt, but I am saying turf toe doesn't make it so that you curl up in a ball while still standing upright before Zumwalt hits you and then fumble. That has nothing to do with anything a podiatrist can help with, that's a problem you schedule an appointment with a gynecologist about...

Nice :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back