• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I like coffee with ***

Yes sir. I will be intrigued what they do with him in S&C during the winter. Do we bulk him up to have him be an every down/team OLB? Or do we keep his focus on what he’s doing now with success and keep his weight where it is?

I guess that will depend on how they feel about the depth at OLB. At this point, aside from Ferguson, who do they have coming back next year that fits the prototypical mold of an OLB? Breon Dixon is on the smaller side, also. As we've discussed in the "Defense" thread, there's only so many 6'3 - 6'4 athletic freaks out there and it's not like the SEC or the rest of the top schools aren't interested in them, but it would be nice to bring one or two in.

I guess that will depend on how they feel about the depth at OLB. At this point, aside from Ferguson, who do they have coming back next year that fits the prototypical mold of an OLB? Breon Dixon is on the smaller side, also. As we've discussed in the "Defense" thread, there's only so many 6'3 - 6'4 athletic freaks out there and it's not like the SEC or the rest of the top schools aren't interested in them, but it would be nice to bring one or two in.
Dixon has other things apparently he’s dealing with. I think from a football player standpoint, he can help us. I’ll just say if he truly is “too small” which is what myself and others thought, why was he not even playing special teams? Once he corrects things off the field, he will be a viable option for us.

But to your original point, if we don’t get a stud in and then he doesn’t correct things, we got some issues. I think it’s wby there’s JUCO offers out there.

The lack of development of our OLB's is alarming as well. I wonder if guys like Thomas and Alexander are even around next year. I also hope Tanner can add some beef to that frame and become a viable edge setter (havent noticed his supposed pass rushing skills as of yet either). That position is definitely a concern.

I really like Domann and Ferguson...just gotta shake the injury bug.

Last edited:

I think we recruited both Hannah and Henrich as ILBs, @N2FL may be able to confirm that for us. Snodgrass could move outside but I think they have him slotted for ILB as well. I think both Henrich and Hannah are athletic enough to play outside tho, Hannah has been moved around a lot in high school. DE, OLB, ILB, Safety, he woudl be the most likely candidate in my opinion.

Yup. Oh, and I agree

I don't always have coffee, but when I do, it's while reading posts from ***.....

That's cool. In New Jersey, most people prefer coffee with a bagel and cream cheese.

coffee-and-bagel.jpg

I really liked what I saw from Jamel Starks for the same reasons that you mentioned. He likes to put his hat on you and just seems like a playmaker out there. Agreed on Javin Wright - his size and speed seem a better fit at OLB. Give him two years in the weight room and see how he fills out.

I wouldn't be surprised if he transitions to OLB given his size, but he has tested quite well. 38.5 inch vertical and 4.58 automated timed 40.

Love this stuff.

I don't have access or the time to follow the recruiting end of things. Used to have a pretty good read on incoming classes and targeted kids back in the '80's and early '90's, but I'm lucky now if I hear anything before a class is signed. Appreciate the insight from everyone who can touch more of this than I can.

Love this stuff.

I don't have access or the time to follow the recruiting end of things. Used to have a pretty good read on incoming classes and targeted kids back in the '80's and early '90's, but I'm lucky now if I hear anything before a class is signed. Appreciate the insight from everyone who can touch more of this than I can.

Ditto. Thanks to all the folks that provide their insight and share the knowledge

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back