• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked I have a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerRedDread

Blackshirt
10 Year Member
Is there an actual list of possible options that has been mentioned by someone in the program?
-All I've heard were a few names thrown out there by media, journalists, bloggers, HM members.......Some I wouldn't mind (The Vest), others I think the kool-aid is too strong with some (Frost).

In this search, should SE be looking for an offensive minded HC or defensive minded HC?
-I think it would be silly to gut the entire staff. I think it would be smart to take care of one side of the ball first then move to the other, similar to how TO did with his hire of Pelini.

How much will this effect our current recruiting class?
-Getting someone in place is quickly should be a priority. Honestly, I think it would be highly stupid of SE to have decided to get rid of Pelini after thinking about it over the weekend. So I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt that he made his decision well before Sunday and he already has someone in line that he was looking at and/or contacted.

Would Turner Gill still be interested in the job, and do the fans still desire to have him return?
-Personally, I wouldn't mind it one bit. Bring him back to Lincoln and maybe he can bring Will Muschamp in to have a reliable coordinator.

Which coordinator should the new hire dispose of first?
-As I said before, you don't gut the entire staff at once, that puts you further behind than you want to be, but neither of our coordinators are worthy of their position in my opinion and weren't worthy when promoted. Personally, I would like Papuchis to roll first, though I don't think it is an issue because if he is smart, he would continue to do what he has done his entire coaching career and just follow Bo, as no program, especially in the power 5, would offer him another DC position.

Is the fact that Barney has been named the interim coach a sign that SE isn't a big fan of Beck either?
-I just find it odd that the OC or DC isn't given the duty of coaching the final game of the season, and a O-Line coach who has been given help because he NEEDED it was given the duty.

Final Question:

How was everyone's Thanksgiving?
-I was able to see my twin brother for the first time in 7 years. Uncle Sam has kept him busy at multiple places overseas. Most times the family doesn't know where he is. That was the greatest thing seeing him come in the door. I love that man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back