• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I Feel Good

Wow, different perspective from me. I'm more worried about our offense than before the game. We have no help at wide out, Our tight ends are lumbering trees with no wiggle in them. Our QB is frustrating and predictably clumsy with turnovers, and our O-line remains a work in progress. Offense was supposed to be the strength of this team. It is not. How can a talented and highly paid offensive staff not have a play ready in such a critical time of the game. (before half - the delay of game) Very Very frustrated with the whole organization right now.

I do too. Feel good. They where a lot more physical then I thought they'd be. Minus turnovers, bogus calls, this game is closer than the scoreboard indicated.

We need a down field threat. Other then that first game on the road vs a top 5 team trying to run up the score vs hometown cooking refs?

I'm not for morale victories but I will trade a loss to ohio for a win vs Wisconsin who I hate almost as much as I do Texas.

I feel great warm up for Wisconsin. I'll take a win vs them for a loss vs Ohio any day. Of course it would be nice to win them all but being realistic here.

Can’t believe Nebraska football is aspiring for a 5-3 season. Year 3 with a coach who came off an undefeated season and we hope to be a game over .500.

I feel the exact opposite.

We won't win a single game on our schedule scoring 17 points.

Just like last year, the offense was so incompetent on the majority of drives, the defense was on the field far too much. It's up to our offense to make it easier on the defense -- not the other way around.

We couldn't run the ball today -- with exception to the QBs. We couldn't pass the ball downfield. The offense relies on Martinez or McCaffrey running lose for 20-40 yard to sustain a drive.

I felt like our defense was very aggressive and fought hard in even the toughest of situations. Our offense looked very uninspired most of the time. Or mistake prone. Or both.

Defense made them one dimensional. They're not gonna see a QB like Fields the rest of the year. You force a team to do nothing but pass, you're gonna win some games with D. Offense looked great at times, then looked and smelled like warm puke others. Mertz is not the run threat that Fields is, nor is anyone else they play against this year. Fields had half the rushing yards, and half of those not by Fields came on the last drive of the game, so outside of him, they gained 60? yards on the ground? Give me that all day everyday.

I'm way more comfortable with the D right now than the O. Costly to's cost what, 14 points both ways? I swear right before Martinez fumbled, I was thinking, "Martinez has had good ball security today".

Doomed.

There are good things and bad things from today.

Defensively, we didn't get consistent pressure on Fields, while still letting receivers run wide open. We did well against the run for the most part, which was a concern.

Offensively, we had stops and starts. I think we could have tried to establish the run earlier in the game. Martinez had a pretty good completion percentage, but we couldn't stretch the field. However, Martinez struggled last season with accuracy, and that wasn't really a problem today. Robinson is our only playmaker at WR, so defenses will continue to try to neutralize him until someone steps up and makes them pay. Even the normally sure handed Warner had a TD go right through his hands. It blows my mind that we can't find receivers that can make plays.

There's still a chance we can be ok, but we still have a ways to go. Immediate post game feeling is that my patience is wearing thin.

I feel the exact opposite.

We won't win a single game on our schedule scoring 17 points.

Just like last year, the offense was so incompetent on the majority of drives, the defense was on the field far too much. It's up to our offense to make it easier on the defense -- not the other way around.

We couldn't run the ball today -- with exception to the QBs. We couldn't pass the ball downfield. The offense relies on Martinez or McCaffrey running lose for 20-40 yard to sustain a drive.

I felt like our defense was very aggressive and fought hard in even the toughest of situations. Our offense looked very uninspired most of the time. Or mistake prone. Or both.
You think we'll be unable to score more than 17 against teams not named Ohio State? That seems strange. I agree with much of your post.

You think we'll be unable to score more than 17 against teams not named Ohio State? That seems strange. I agree with much of your post.

Of course not. But I feel if the offense isn't carrying the team, we won't win. An underperforming Nebraska offense will result in losing seasons.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back