• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I’m curious what you guys think

True Husker

Red Shirt
2 Year Member
If Nebraska wouldn’t have hired Scott, where does everyone think he would have went in 2018? @36Blast posted the below in another forum (which shows the prominent programs that were hiring), and I got me wondering if he hadn’t came to Nebraska where he would have gone (realizing that he was one of the most coveted hires at that time).

2018 college football hires:
Dan Mullen, Florida
29-9

Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M
26-10

Mario Cristobal, Oregon
25-10

Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee
16-19 (fired)

Scott Frost, Nebraska:
12-20

Chip Kelly, UCLA
10-21

Willie Taggart, FSU
9-12 (fired)

Kevin Sumlin, Arizona
9-20 (fired)

I don't know how much Frost was really in the running at Florida. Mullen made too much sense.

Agree with Big Ed, probably would have stayed since we were the only one's to my knowledge that let him keep his staff. You'd think he'd remember that and maybe get a couple of elite Offensive guys ASAP. Last year I thought Chins should go, this year I'm glad he is still here. I hope to see even more improvement. I also thought we needed a new O-line coach and still do. I won't be highly optimistic for next season if a couple of changes aren't made. He is the only coach up there still employed that in other universities wouldn't be. Someone stated in another thread that the description of insanity is to do the same thing over and over while expecting different results...
Oops Chip is still employed somehow.

Last edited:
In hindsight yes, but at the time a lot of people thought pretty highly of it.

I know it's after the fact, but I was wary of him bringing his ENTIRE staff with him. We talked about it at work; "go out and get the best position coaches you can." I understood his point about the staff meshing and that's what made it work, but dang, every single one??? Has that ever happened before?

As an A.D.. you cant manipulate your new head coachs staff on day 1, not on a big hire. It prob didnt happen at florida or tex am.

If Frost allowed that hed think he was working for Eichorst, that was a big prob in the prior coachs tenure, for damn sure

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back