• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers will play Fordham on 4 September

Glad they had this idea before they considered anything really dumb, like trying to duck Oklahoma.

Father Mulchahy (MASH) would be proud and in the stands, cheering on his Rams. As for the T.O. comments about scheduling cupcakes, hogwash. Pacific is just one. and how many years did he have gimmes in conference to rest starters and play backups. The Big Eight was the Big Two and 6 munchkins. Lest we forget that KSU and KU most of the time were roll the helmets in and win. ISU sucked most of the time and until the late 80's CU sucked. Mizzu would fight, as would OSU. That is why our non con schedule was tougher. Today is different, other than Rutgers (East team, don't get all the time}, there are no patsies in the BIG. so you schedule easy non cons.

Father Mulchahy (MASH) would be proud and in the stands, cheering on his Rams. As for the T.O. comments about scheduling cupcakes, hogwash. Pacific is just one. and how many years did he have gimmes in conference to rest starters and play backups. The Big Eight was the Big Two and 6 munchkins. Lest we forget that KSU and KU most of the time were roll the helmets in and win. ISU sucked most of the time and until the late 80's CU sucked. Mizzu would fight, as would OSU. That is why our non con schedule was tougher. Today is different, other than Rutgers (East team, don't get all the time}, there are no patsies in the BIG. so you schedule easy non cons.
HEY HEY HEY!!!! Let's not try to bring logic into this discussion. :Biggrin: :Computer:

Again. It is not about scheduling cupcakes but rushing close to the start of the season to rearrange those easier games and maybe spend half a milion to do so. And again, it is this type of thinking that led the powers that be to consider doing something with the Oklahoma game.

"Yeah, we don't really like the schedule. How can we make it easier on ourselves?"

Instead of strapping up and playing the schedule they signed up for. It is about attitude.

I liken it to one of my children ordering too much to eat and then changing their mind when they realize there is too much on their plate.

Is Nebraska soft to the point where they need a confidence booster or extra time to prep mentally before a big game? If true, enough said. Meanwhile, the big boys of college football schedule big games week 1.

I do get the recruiting piece of this but it seems like it is being used as an excuse to rationalize the move. And... Another conference seems to recruit just fine with weaker ooc opponents later in the season. Seems to help them get/stay healthy later in season as well.

But cheer on the move. Call it brilliant. And take care of these rose colored glasses.

Last edited:
Again. It is not about scheduling cupcakes but rushing close to the start of the season to rearrange those easier games and maybe spend half a milion to do so. And again, it is this type of thinking that led the powers that be to consider doing something with the Oklahoma game.

"Yeah, we don't really like the schedule. How can we make it easier on ourselves?"

Instead of strapping up and playing the schedule they signed up for. It is about attitude.

I liken it to one of my children ordering too much to eat and then changing their mind when they realize there is too much on their plate.

Is Nebraska soft to the point where they need a confidence booster or extra time to prep mentally before a big game? If true, enough said. Meanwhile, the big boys of college football schedule big games week 1.
I do get the recruiting piece of this but it seems like it is being used as an excuse to rationalize the move. And... Another conference seems to recruit just fine with weaker ooc opponents later in the season. Seems to help them get/stay healthy later in season a well.

But cheer on the move. Call it brilliant. And take care of these rose colored glasses.

The OU game is cancelled? Well that sucks.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back