• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers vs Boilers - Elimination Game - Wed - 5/22/24 - 7 pm CDT -Win or go home!

What was all the fuss about his walk? I didn't follow the game till the 5th.
It was a 12-pitch walk. He fouled off something like 7 or 8 in a row. Really battled. Incidentally, their starter left with pitch count of ~60, after only 2+ innings of work. Flipped the batt as he took his base to say "All that work and I still get the walk."

Last edited:

First pitch as I see it
I have a funeral on Friday afternoon, so I won't be able to attend the Friday session in my pair of seats with this view. If someone is interested in my pair of tickets at a reasonable price to cheer on the Huskers on Friday, please PM me.

Super fun time at the park last night. Late arriving crowd that ultimately turned out to be pretty good. The boys played hard as illustrated by Swanson's at bat in the second. Still lots of LOB, and Brumbaugh and Stone are really scuffling right now. But baseball......can switch on and off quickly. Sanderson is a flat out stud true freshman.

Leaving now to witch Illinois-Iowa.

Speaking of illinois and Iowa, Iowa was just screwed by the umpires... clean slide at second and they call interference on the slide at 2nd base.
TOTAL HORSE PUCKY!!

Instead of 1 out and runners on second and third, it is 2 outs and men on second and third... and 1 run behind, instead of 2!
The replay showed definitely no interference, yet they did not overturn it!!
umpires suck, as usual!!!

I hate Iowa, but that is BS! I hate Miami, but I backed them on that BS passing interference in the championship game vs OSU, years back.

Last edited:
Super fun time at the park last night. Late arriving crowd that ultimately turned out to be pretty good. The boys played hard as illustrated by Swanson's at bat in the second. Still lots of LOB, and Brumbaugh and Stone are really scuffling right now. But baseball......can switch on and off quickly. Sanderson is a flat out stud true freshman.

Leaving now to witch Illinois-Iowa.
I forgot to include you on the thread I just posted on today's bs call you just saw!

Last edited:

My question is why does this kind of stuff even happen anymore?

I mean there are times when conflicting camera angles show conflicting things and it could be an iffy decision….

But this wasn’t one of those times.

I don’t understand it…..in some ways baseball just needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

Games being decided on the whim of an umpire…. It’s just wrong now that there are absolutely easily available technology to get the call correct.

I hate Miami, but I backed them on that BS passing interference in the championship game, years back.
I was rooting for Ohio State because I hate my Miami so much but that was one of the most egregious calls.

But at least there was simultaneous contact or noncontact….

We played Wisconsin a few years back and it’s down to the last seconds Martinez throws a quick out at the goal line that probably would’ve scored

And the Wisconsin kid ran into our receiver, almost a full second before the ball even got there….

No call…..

I mean, it was downright horrible.

The Wisconsin kid was holding his hands on his head, knowing he had screwed up, and when he looked around, incredulous that there was no flag.…..He ran off the field about as quick as I’ve seen a man do it.

Yeah, that was ridiculous. Iowa fans almost stormed the field. It was crazy. Heller was trying to get kicked out, and I don't blame him.
Worst call i've ever seen in any sport as far as refereeing or umping!!
Totally totally egregious!
Make that sinful!!

Last edited:
I was rooting for Ohio State because I hate my Miami so much but that was one of the most egregious calls.

But at least there was simultaneous contact or noncontact….

We played Wisconsin a few years back and it’s down to the last seconds Martinez throws a quick out at the goal line that probably would’ve scored

And the Wisconsin kid ran into our receiver, almost a full second before the ball even got there….

No call…..

I mean, it was downright horrible.

The Wisconsin kid was holding his hands on his head, knowing he had screwed up, and when he looked around, incredulous that there was no flag.…..He ran off the field about as quick as I’ve seen a man do it.
One day i'm gonna be all for robots!

Worst call i've ever seen in any sport as far as refereeing or umping!!
Totally totally egregious!
Make that sinful!!
To me not worse than the Penn State-Nebraska game in 1982 (extend the sideline by 3 feet), or the "he was down" call when John Ruud destroyed Kelly Phelps.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back