• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers Travel to OKC for NCAA Regionals - Beginning 5-31-2019 - Noon (CT)

CrnhskrBob

Husker Immortal
20 Year Member
NCAA Oklahoma City Regional
May 31-June 3, 2019
Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark • Oklahoma City, Okla.

Friday, May 31 • Noon (CT)
Nebraska (31-22) vs. UConn (36-23)
Video Stream:
ESPN3
Radio: Husker Sports Network
Nate Fisher (7-3) vs. Mason Feole (3-3)

Friday, May 31 • 6 p.m. (CT)
Harvard (27-14) vs. #9 Oklahoma State (36-18)
Video Stream:
ESPN3

The rest of the article:

NCAA Oklahoma City Regional
May 31-June 3, 2019
Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark • Oklahoma City, Okla.

Friday, May 31 • Noon (CT)
Nebraska (31-22) vs. UConn (36-23)
Video Stream:
ESPN3
Radio: Husker Sports Network
Nate Fisher (7-3) vs. Mason Feole (3-3)

Friday, May 31 • 6 p.m. (CT)
Harvard (27-14) vs. #9 Oklahoma State (36-18)
Video Stream:
ESPN3

The rest of the article:

Thanks, Bob!

Creighton and UNO advanced to Super Regionals as well!

Good day for baseball in the Cornhusker State. Obviously want NU to take it all, but with 3 NE teams, there's a pretty decent chance one of them could make the CWS. Good home field advantage.

Last edited:

You’ll be able to tell if we have a chance this first game with our first few batters. Where the game will be won or lost is with us wanting to swing at first pitches more often due to getting fastballs at a higher percentage, and going against a pitcher that struggles with control. If we are swinging at pitches out of the zone, we are hosed, because we are awful when behind in counts (evidenced by how many Ks our batters have). If we are laying off pitches out of the zone, or even better swinging first pitch and barreling up the ball, we win.

Will be interesting to watch our approach today, considering guys like Altavilla, Scheellenbach, Henwood, Chick, all those guys started going on a tear when they didn’t watch the first strike go by. Easier said than done against a guy with control issues.

Last edited:
You’ll be able to tell if we have a chance this first game with our first few batters. Where the game will be won or lost is with us wanting to swing at first pitches more often due to getting fastballs at a higher percentage, and going against a pitcher that struggles with control. If we are swinging at pitches out of the zone, we are hosed, because we are awful when behind in counts (evidenced by how many Ks our batters have). If we are laying off pitches out of the zone, or even better swinging first pitch and barreling up the ball, we win.

Will be interesting to watch our approach today, considering guys like Altavilla, Scheellenbach, Henwood, Chick, all those guys started going on a tear when they didn’t watch the first strike go by. Easier said than done against a guy with control issues.

Don't be surprised to see this guy "pitch backwards" (offspeed/breaking stuff on FB counts, and vice versa) to feel our hitters out early, especially if he gets into a little trouble.

Don't be surprised to see this guy "pitch backwards" (offspeed/breaking stuff on FB counts, and vice versa) to feel our hitters out early, especially if he gets into a little trouble.
He better throw breaking stuff early in my opinion. I hope he starts the first few innings off with a few walks. If he’s not walking anyone we have to win a 3-2 game.

He better throw breaking stuff early in my opinion. I hope he starts the first few innings off with a few walks. If he’s not walking anyone we have to win a 3-2 game.

My dream scenario is that he tries to get on top with straight stuff and leaves fastballs over the plate. We hit those. Then he feels he has to go to the curveball, but has tight butthole syndrome and puts too much grip on it, spiking that bastard over and over again until they have to turn to the bullpen in the 4th with us up 4-0.

My dream scenario is that he tries to get on top with straight stuff and leaves fastballs over the plate. We hit those. Then he feels he has to go to the curveball, but has tight butthole syndrome and puts too much grip on it, spiking that bastard over and over again until they have to turn to the bullpen in the 4th with us up 4-0.
I hear ya... what team will show up? The team that took a series against Arizona State, Michigan, beat Minnesota, and Michigan to get into the Big Ten Title game all in the last 3 weeks? Or the team that can’t get a hit against two lefties from the 7 seed?

We will see in 2 hours.

When you get on espn3, scroll down and you will find the Neb vs Conn box. Just click on it and sign in.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back