• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers to play Wazzu in 2030 & '31? Trev says it's not happening

I remember. I never understood that. They certainly don’t have a history of doing that in my lifetime because they’ve always been a huge draw. Maybe the losing has taken its toll. Usually, if they return a game like that, it’s on a 2 or 3 to 1 deal. Mostly. Southern Miss and Wyoming are the only other ones I remember, and they were 2-1. Both after Osborne. Both after NU slipped. I don’t know, but they really haven’t done much of that, so it’s kinda surprising.
Fresno St. was also a 2-for-1.

We had two different 2-for-1s with So. Miss, but we only played in H'burg once... a Thursday night game in 2003. The next time, So. Miss ended up selling their home game back to us... so it became a 3-for-0.

Gave up the early 87 yard TD run then Green, Frazier & Co just thumped Wazzu for 27 straight points and 428 Rush Yards to put the game away. I guess you could say it was a close game, for the ‘95 team!

Ahman Green Rush Yards: 13-176 :Bow::heisman::Rockon:

Edit: Fumbles-Lost: 5-3

That team could overcome turnovers! :thumbsup:
Late garbage time Wazzu TD cut the final deficit from 21 to 14 points. Pretty sure the '95 team beat everyone else by at least 20.

Agreed. Pullman is a long and difficult trip. Not an easy place to get to. Plus we would likely be destined for a kickoff around 10pm Central.
How do you figure that 10 Central would be like 8 o’clock in Pullman. I don’t think either conference is in the habit of starting games at 8 AM.

How do you figure that 10 Central would be like 8 o’clock in Pullman. I don’t think either conference is in the habit of starting games at 8 AM.
10pm Central...late night game on ESPN2, FS2, or Pac12 Network.

I should have clarified PM vs. AM I guess.

Fresno St. was also a 2-for-1.

We had two different 2-for-1s with So. Miss, but we only played in H'burg once... a Thursday night game in 2003. The next time, So. Miss ended up selling their home game back to us... so it became a 3-for-0.
That’s right. I remember Fresno also now that you mentioned it.

The last game at fresno... in 14 or 15, it was an oven.... was 100+ at gametime, 730 in fresno...humidity was unbearable

Our last game in Pasadena was record heat as well. Like the hottest day in decades. I sat next to Nick Nolte who was wearing a white, long sleeve cotton dress shirt. It was drenched in sweat.

I was at that UCLA game... a scorefest, but we gave up 650 yds and lost a nail biter. That was intensely hot that day.

That was one of the strangest games ever, as far a field position. They started approx 10/17 drives with only a 55 yd field or less, and we started 10/17 drives with 80+ yds to go. It was crazy unbalanced, ive never seen that much "hidden yardage" in any game

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back