• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Huskers still in running for Todd Peat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway back to the discussion.....it would be nice to land Peat....would be a cherry on the top of this class....

Anyway back to the discussion.....it would be nice to land Peat....would be a cherry on the top of this class....

Any top-of-your-head idea how many spots we've got left and who they might be going to?

Peat is obviously one we wouldn't 'turn down.' But we're getting near the end of the line, are we not?

I think we take 22 or 23 young men.....no we don't turn Peat away.....off the top of my head I can think of the folowing....:)

Wayne Lyons I think we have a shot at as a safety.....Patrick Onwuasor WR.....Lake Koa-Ka-ai DE......Joseph Carter DE.....JUCO TE/DE Andrew Peterson....I'm sure I missed some one...:) and perhaps another unknown CB with Mitchel's decommit....

Any top-of-your-head idea how many spots we've got left and who they might be going to?

Peat is obviously one we wouldn't 'turn down.' But we're getting near the end of the line, are we not?

Last edited:
I think we take 22 or 23 young men.....no we don't turn Peat away.....off the top of my head I can think of the folowing....:)

Wayne Lyons I think we have a shot at as a safety.....Patrick Onwuasor WR.....Lake Koa-Ka-ai DE......Joseph Carter DE.....JUCO TE/DE Andrew Peterson....I'm sure I missed some one...:) and perhaps another unknown CB with Mitchel's decommit....

Appreciated, sir.

If you say so....:).....I disagree...you do realize CA has a huge desert too?...I've lived on it on and off much of my life...and Phoenix is only 4 hours or so away....and I live near Palm Springs....your right geography is what it is.....Arizona is part of the west coast region.....as pointed out in the link....

A mere 4 hours away! LOL at that absurdity of calling Phoenix on the west coast...but you clearly want to argue for the sake of it.

Actually PA is on the East Coast and that is a FACT....go look at your map....been their many times during my miltary career....so yeah Penn State is on the East Coast....see the link below if you disagree with me....:)

I think if you were honest, you would address my point that Penn State is not on the east coast (which is what i said...nothing I said mentioned the state of Pennsylvania)...it isn't obviously, as it is in the middle on Pennsylvania a huge state. Your argument is kinda like saying that Kearney is on the Missouri river. Let's not twist and change things to bolster a pitifully weak argument.

As for arguing take you own advice....:)

Please quit disagreeing with me when you know you are incorrect and we'll be fine. I'm not sure why you consistently do this. I'm beginning to think you don't like me.

Peace....

I wish you would allow it.

Last edited:
A mere 4 hours away! LOL at that absurdity of calling Phoenix on the west coast...but you clearly want to argue for the sake of it.

I think if you were honest, you would address my point that Penn State is not on the east coast (which is what i said...nothing I said mentioned the state of Pennsylvania)...it isn't obviously, as it is in the middle on Pennsylvania a huge state. Your argument is kinda like saying that Kearney is on the Missouri river. Let's not twist and change things to bolster a pitifully weak argument.

Please quit disagreeing with me when you know you are incorrect and we'll be fine. I'm not sure why you consistently do this. I'm beginning to think you don't like me.

I don't think this is really an argument about geography definitions. The fact that Arizona and ASU are in the PAC12 guarantees games in his home state and games that are reachable within a few hours drive for family and friends should he choose a Pac12 school. I have to believe as part of the Big12, it helped that we played games in Kansas and Missouri when we were recruiting Kansas and Missouri kids. When I was his age, being close to home would have influenced me, but we're all built differently. In the end the whole discussion is silly because (probably) no one on this board knows what kind of relationship he or his parents have developed with any coaches or whatever other priorities he might value. From his press clippings (and like Owa last year,) he seems like a kid with great skills and integrity and it would be terrific to welcome him to Lincoln. But if he chooses to go somewhere else (like Owa last year,) he and the Huskers will both move on and be fine...

I already answered you.......try finding anyone else on this board that thinks the state of PA or Penn State are not on the east coast....go ahead I dare you.....and AZ is part of the west coast region....go look at my links....

As far as being wrong....lets don't go down that path again....we can go back and visit the posting exchange for the Washington game...in September....I don't think you want to go there....you got that one totally wrong....yet hit out at me before the game as not having a clue what I was talking about....I was right....you were wrong....and I recall in that same exchange that you predicted a comfertable win over Texas...I said it would be close.....once again you were wrong....just sayin'....

We are all wrong at times....heck I know I am.....more than my fair share....I could point out my mistakes on this board if you would like....its no biggie....we all make them.....

As for Peace it takes two to tango....wish you would allow it too....:)

I don't even know you bro.....so I don't dislike you....I'm sure you are a very nice person and we would more than likely would enjoy each other's company if we met.....

Oh well done with this subject...:)

Last edited:
+1

I don't think this is really an argument about geography definitions. The fact that Arizona and ASU are in the PAC12 guarantees games in his home state and games that are reachable within a few hours drive for family and friends should he choose a Pac12 school. I have to believe as part of the Big12, it helped that we played games in Kansas and Missouri when we were recruiting Kansas and Missouri kids. When I was his age, being close to home would have influenced me, but we're all built differently. In the end the whole discussion is silly because (probably) no one on this board knows what kind of relationship he or his parents have developed with any coaches or whatever other priorities he might value. From his press clippings (and like Owa last year,) he seems like a kid with great skills and integrity and it would be terrific to welcome him to Lincoln. But if he chooses to go somewhere else (like Owa last year,) he and the Huskers will both move on and be fine...

I already answered you.......try finding anyone else on this board that thinks the state of PA or Penn State are not on the east coast....go ahead I dare you.....and AZ is part of the west coast region....go look at my links....

As far as being wrong....lets don't go down that path again....we can go back and visit the posting exchange for the Washington game...in September....I don't think you want to go there....you got that one totally wrong....yet hit out at me before the game as not having a clue what I was talking about....I was right....you were wrong....and I recall in that same exchange that you predicted a comfertable win over Texas...I said it would be close.....once again you were wrong....just sayin'....

We are all wrong at times....heck I know I am.....more than my fair share....I could point out my mistakes on this board if you would like....its no biggie....we all make them.....

I was not wrong in September....tonight proves that! I was wary of showing complete disrespect to a major opponent. I considered them worthy and capable of upsetting us--though I predicted a win. You, on the other hand, summarily dismissed them as having no chance against us. All because you fancied yourself an expert cause you saw them in a game or two. You continued your disrespect for them before this bowl game. You were the one that was wrong all the way. Sure we waxed them in September but this same game could have just as easily happened that day. College football can be funny that way. That's why you NEVER disrespect a decent team the way YOU make a habit of doing. I hope you've learned something tonight.

PS- I did predict a comfortable win over Texas and clearly was wrong. I knew Texas didn't have a good team, but I was unaware that Pelini could get us to play so poorly in Lincoln. It happens, though rarely.

Last edited:
I'm done with this discussion or any discussion with you in the future....you were wrong in September and don't have the good grace to admit it and the whole board can see that, but nice trying to wiggle out of it....what happened last night has nothing to do with what happened in September....other than you trying to backtrack and rewrite history....nice try it won't work....

If I didn't Know better I would think YOU don't like me...so be it....you right and no skin off of my back.....

Have a wonderful and blessed New Year....:)

I was not wrong in September....tonight proves that! I was wary of showing complete disrespect to a major opponent. I considered them worthy and capable of upsetting us--though I predicted a win. You, on the other hand, summarily dismissed them as having no chance against us. All because you fancied yourself an expert cause you saw them in a game or two. You continued your disrespect for them before this bowl game. You were the one that was wrong all the way. Sure we waxed them in September but this same game could have just as easily happened that day. College football can be funny that way. That's why you NEVER disrespect a decent team the way YOU make a habit of doing. I hope you've learned something tonight.

PS- I did predict a comfortable win over Texas and clearly was wrong. I knew Texas didn't have a good team, but I was unaware that Pelini could get us to play so poorly in Lincoln. It happens, though rarely.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back