• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Huskers looking good with 4-star DE Payton Newell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
This is one I was not to sure about of late....but this makes me think we are still in this makes me think we are still in the lead for him....from Kansas (border town) in the 500 miles radius we need to lock up....

Peyton Newell ‏<S>@</S>p_newell Nebraska continues to impress me in recruiting <S>#</S>GBR

247 upgraded their website and one of the new features is the "Crystal Ball." Essentially, the recruiting analysts (guys who talk to these kids regularly) for the site predict where they think any given recruit is going to go and all 5 who have predicted Newell's destination have chosen Nebraska. So it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it is a better sign than if all 5 chose South Carolina or something of the sort.

http://247sports.com/Player/Peyton-Newell-19862

I feel real confident on both, ***
Awesome news. I haven't spoken to any of my contacts about Foster since I heard he may be leaning our way for now. That being said, I brought up in another thread that I have spoken to some people about Rose. Basically the staff doesn't know if they want him to be their runningback in the class, which he is fine with. They think he could develop into a FB or LB, since he could put on some more good weight and would be fast for either position. Now at this point this is my opinion, ,but what I got from him is that's fine that you don't know if you want to offer me as a runningback, but you just offered a guy that i'm better than a scholarship and told him you don't know what you are going to play him as. Austin's a very bright kid, but I think he feels like he's getting jerked around a bit, when other high profile skills are basically telling him they aren't far away from offering him. We better hope a big boy (non Iowa, KState, NDSU) doesn't offer him first. That will go a long way with him.

Awesome news. I haven't spoken to any of my contacts about Foster since I heard he may be leaning our way for now. That being said, I brought up in another thread that I have spoken to some people about Rose. Basically the staff doesn't know if they want him to be their runningback in the class, which he is fine with. They think he could develop into a FB or LB, since he could put on some more good weight and would be fast for either position. Now at this point this is my opinion, ,but what I got from him is that's fine that you don't know if you want to offer me as a runningback, but you just offered a guy that i'm better than a scholarship and told him you don't know what you are going to play him as. Austin's a very bright kid, but I think he feels like he's getting jerked around a bit, when other high profile skills are basically telling him they aren't far away from offering him. We better hope a big boy (non Iowa, KState, NDSU) doesn't offer him first. That will go a long way with him.

Agree entirely on Rose.

I don't want him as our RB in this class. But bring him in as an Ath and let things sort themselves out

Agree entirely on Rose.

I don't want him as our RB in this class. But bring him in as an Ath and let things sort themselves out
Agreed. We have done so well recruiting runningbacks that i'm not going to tell the staff what to do. That being said, he could play somewhere for us, and I don't want to lose an in-state kid to another BCS caliber school. I'm not sure he would be our runningback recruit, but he could play for us as athletic and smart as he is. Everything I keep hearing is the best thing that happened to NorthStar is Minter getting kicked off the team so they could see how good this kid really was. LNS also has a linemen that is very good, but he is a walk on candidate I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back