• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers host Sharks - Game #1 - 7 pm Ctrl - Friday - 12/1/23 - Devaney Ctr

Would you say, they were fine in the 1st two sets?
To me, they just didn’t look together, nor did they have the spirit that I’ve been seeing them play with. The first set they ran away with but it was still messy. Second set was a little worse and the third set was awful. Concerning imo to see them play like that.

LIU​

(13 - 19 - 0, 9 - 5 - 0)​

NEBRASKA​

(29 - 1 - 0, 19 - 1 - 0)​

1ST2ND3RDTOTAL
LIU1316220
Nebraska2525253

LIUNEBRASKA
Points3757
Kills2844
Aces17
Blocks86
Assists2641
Digs3346

Blocks were the only thing we had less
than LIU.

Maybe a mental thing? First of all, it is the
3rd set that they really, really struggled. Again,
the 3rd set is a "thing" with these gals.
You look at the above stats, you would think
they had no problem at all! :Koolaid2:

Last edited:
Hopefully this doesn't keep happening, but Harper and Batenhorst need to really step things up. This is not the time to start having issues.

Harper had 5 hitting errors and a .154 hitting percentage.. not good
Batenhorst 4 hitting errors and a .136 hitting percentage.. worse

Those two MUST step up their game or NU will exit this thing very quickly.

I have a suspicion there was a lot of "conversation" after the match. Cook was not happy at the presser but he soft-pedaled it. Merritt has lost her voice and said she relied on Lexi for vocal support to the team. In my bracket I'm projecting them to play Missouri, Georgia Tech, and Kentucky to get to the Final Four. They will HAVE to play up which they can do.

I have a suspicion there was a lot of "conversation" after the match. Cook was not happy at the presser but he soft-pedaled it. Merritt has lost her voice and said she relied on Lexi for vocal support to the team. In my bracket I'm projecting them to play Missouri, Georgia Tech, and Kentucky to get to the Final Four. They will HAVE to play up which they can do.
Lots of talk that half the team has bad colds and was fighting them all week. Don’t know if that was part of Bekka not playing. Merritt said she was sick earlier but better now except for her voice — but what else could she say. Hope they can somehow get past Mizzou and get healthy for GTech.

Hopefully this doesn't keep happening, but Harper and Batenhorst need to really step things up. This is not the time to start having issues.

Lauren felt they were way out of sync. Not sure if she meant all night
or just the 3rd set. Also, felt some were not where they should have
been on a lot of plays.

Last edited:
Lots of talk that half the team has bad colds and was fighting them all week. Don’t know if that was part of Bekka not playing. Merritt said she was sick earlier but better now except for her voice — but what else could she say. Hope they can somehow get past Mizzou and get healthy for GTech.
Well, that could be what the problem was. Can you imagine all that physical
output while fighting a cold? If that is the case, tonight should show us the
real Huskers!! :)

Hope they are careful in what medicines they take. Don't want them to be
accused of being on "drugs"!!! ;)

Last edited:

I believe, Harper also had 3 aces, if I remember, without looking it up?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back