• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers host Bluejays - Tues. - 6:02 ctrl - 4-16-24 - Haymarket Park

Only have 2 quality starters, and no bullpen. Average at best defense. Offense struggling. Not a good scenario right now.
Yep…….but I’d say getting close to 3 quality starters. And BTW….you CAN win the BiG with two quality starters if even part of the other groups respond halfway decently.

but I am reminded about baseball in general….

It is a TOTALLY streaky game. Drives fans NUTS! (Part of why I love it so much….a “bad” team can sweep a good team in a heartbeat.)

And ALL teams…even the very best ….go through “slumps”…

The really successful teams work through it.

Time will tell for this group.

Best I can do is hope they will and cheer them on!

GBR!

Last edited:

I sent my son to Creighton but I am getting so tired of NU losing to Creighton at baseball and basketball. This should not happen and needs to be corrected. :)

Yep…….but I’d say getting close to 3 quality starters. And BTW….you CAN win the BiG with two quality starters if even part of the other groups respond halfway decently.

but I am reminded about baseball in general….

It is a TOTALLY streaky game. Drives fans NUTS! (Part of why I love it so much….a “bad” team can sweep a good team in a heartbeat.)

And ALL teams…even the very best ….go through “slumps”…

The really successful teams work through it.

Time will tell for this group.

Best I can do is hope they will and cheer them on!

GBR!

Who do you think is “close to being a quality third starter? Walsh? Christo sure isn’t close right now. Has gotten the ball frequently but hasn’t gotten it done yet.

I hope this is a slump rather than we’re just not that good. Either way, I’m with you in hoping for the best, and I’ll be at the park cheering them on.

Last edited:
I sent my son to Creighton but I am getting so tired of NU losing to Creighton at baseball and basketball. This should not happen and needs to be corrected. :)
Smaller schools put emphasis on less expensive sports.

Creighton has been a basketball power for years…NU pretty much never.

Baseball creighton has been to the CWS once.

Nebraska 3 times.

They play a less demanding schedule most of the time and are usually an “under the radar team” that can be extremely dangerous to play.

In General….I would agree with you Bob….

Except Creighton will NEVER be the “name” NU is/has..a.sports wise…simply because they don’t participate in the big dollar sport…football….which basically pays for EVERYTHING.

but yeah….it is getting tiresome in Baseball….they have had our number for 3 years straight now.

NIL is going to drastically hurt the smaller schools I think….maybe Creighton will be able to adjust and still compete. My hunch is all their NIL resources will go to baketball in the future. Bound to hurt baseball while NU will always benefit from the big money and prestige football generates…and the Big Ten Media Share money is obscene.

The kids are far more “show me the money” than in my day.

Who do you think is “close to being a quality third starter? Walsh?
Yes…Walsh.

Drew is struggling to get two inning in….

Shame….he is very talented.

I was hoping Rob Childress would lend his experience to the Pitching Staff and our starters do seem better this year….

And he is very good and has tons of successful experience.

It just hasn’t rubbed off on the relievers as yet.

Here‘s to hoping this is just a bump in the road.

Smaller schools put emphasis on less expensive sports.

Creighton has been a basketball power for years…NU pretty much never.

Baseball creighton has been to the CWS once.

Nebraska 3 times.

They play a less demanding schedule most of the time and are usually an “under the radar team” that can be extremely dangerous to play.

In General….I would agree with you Bob….

Except Creighton will NEVER be the “name” NU is/has..a.sports wise…simply because they don’t participate in the big dollar sport…football….which basically pays for EVERYTHING.

but yeah….it is getting tiresome in Baseball….they have had our number for 3 years straight now.

NIL is going to drastically hurt the smaller schools I think….maybe Creighton will be able to adjust and still compete. My hunch is all their NIL resources will go to baketball in the future. Bound to hurt baseball while NU will always benefit from the big money and prestige football generates…and the Big Ten Media Share money is obscene.

The kids are far more “show me the money” than in my day.
All great points! And that does make sense. I was saying it light heartedly but it does really frustrate me to lose to them in baseball for some reason. That game last night ruined my evening LOL .

That game last night ruined my evening LOL .
Should have never lost that game…ruined my night as well.

I guess as I am older now and I just don’t let it bother me as much.

Sports kind of pales in comparison to real world stuff.

I was a soldier for 25 years and what I saw around the world made me thank the good Lord I am an American.

Sports losses are just…sports losses to me as I hit 70 in a few weeks.

And…as I say that…remember what I said in the first line of this post.

Grrrrrrrr….

Darn it!

STILL gets to me from time to time!

Daiss and Worthley are the set up man and closer IMO. Not Perry. When did our coaches get that option stuck in their heads?
I believe it all stemmed on one outing, where he came in and DID the job. Not sure which game, but it was enough for them to come to that solution!

Should have never lost that game…ruined my night as well.

I guess as I am older now and I just don’t let it bother me as much.

Sports kind of pales in comparison to real world stuff.

I was a soldier for 25 years and what I saw around the world made me thank the good Lord I am an American.

Sports losses are just…sports losses to me as I hit 70 in a few weeks.

And…as I say that…remember what I said in the first line of this post.

Grrrrrrrr….

Darn it!

STILL gets to me from time to time!
We "older" guys are all the same! ;) I am ok now; but, at the end of the game, it was just too much to hold back on. I, also, was bummed out, as you know. As you, I am very close to this team, doing what I do. So, it has been hard to restrain myself, you know? :eek:

So, John, I just heard about Greg Sharpe having symptoms of pancreatic cancer! Wow, again, it puts into perspective, what is really important in life, doesn't it? You mentioned your experience in the service, and, now, Greg Sharpe comes up with a terrible diagnosis! What you experienced, and what Greg is now experiencing, is real life.

Baseball is just a game.

I want to send out prayers to Greg and his family, as I pray for his recovery.

I want to dedicate the rest of the baseball season to Greg and his family. I promise, I will keep the game in perspective, and always think of Greg and how much he means to all of Husker Nation.

Greg, you hang in there, Sir! We are here for you, and I know, all of us will keep you in our prayers. Hang in there....and God bless!! :)

Last edited:
Who do you think is “close to being a quality third starter? Walsh? Christo sure isn’t close right now. Has gotten the ball frequently but hasn’t gotten it done yet.

I hope this is a slump rather than we’re just not that good. Either way, I’m with you in hoping for the best, and I’ll be at the park cheering them on.
I do have one thing to say: One of the biggest problems is throwing "fat" strikes when the pitcher is ahead in the count, such as 0-2 or 1-2. Too many times, we have given up runs by not making the batter reach for a bad pitch, when ahead. Hopefully, that is taken care of in the immediate future. If that is what Will wants the pitchers to do, then I just hope they can throw those 2 strike pitches with command, if you know what I mean.

Well, gotta' go. Tonight is karaoke, so..............are there any requests? ;)

Take care, and "see" you tomorrow evening, for the Huskers/Terrapin series. :Wave:

GO BIG RED!!!
1713462461866.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back