• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers hear from B1G on two blown calls from the Buffalo game: Final should have been 42-3

Why do the B1G answers matter if the crew was from the MAC?

I know it is only a review, even if they were B1G officials. Perhaps there is some teaching benefit to discuss this, I guess I am kind of surprised you'd ask the B1G to review.

Because I have no doubt they were shared with the MAC as that is how the process works with out of conference refs

B1G I also have no doubt would not have opined on it had the MAC not agreed

Yes it's a teachable moment without a doubt for the MAC officials and officials in general

It's a good process

Why do the B1G answers matter if the crew was from the MAC?

I know it is only a review, even if they were B1G officials. Perhaps there is some teaching benefit to discuss this, I guess I am kind of surprised you'd ask the B1G to review.
When you hear a coach say they need to know how not to have that type of penalty called, that’s saying ‘what could we have done differently’. The answer here was ‘nothing’.

It's one thing to miss a call live without a chance to review/correct it, but they reviewed the Smothers option pitch and still ruled it a forward pass, which is egregious IMO.
I replayed it 5 times and it was CLEARLY NOT a forward pass or laterial. No idea WTH those idiots were looking at on the replay because anyone but Mr Magoo could see it was a legit play! That's the kind of CRAP that really makes me wonder about refs! 2 OBVIOUS blown calls and 14 points wiped off the board. Completely unacceptable with instant replay imo.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back