• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers.com-Huskers Sign Junior College All-American

GoBigfRed

Varsity
20 Year Member
Now it's official!:)

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205416405

Lincoln - University of Nebraska basketball coach Tim Miles announced Thursday afternoon that Deverell Biggs (Omaha, Neb./Seward County Community College) has signed a National Letter-of-Intent to join the Husker basketball program for the 2012-2013 season.

"This is truly an exciting day for Nebraska basketball," Husker Coach Tim Miles said. "Deverell is the first of what we hope to be many recruits from our great state of Nebraska. He is a young man with great talent, a great personality and a person who truly wants to make Nebraska a player on the national level. I love his ability, his skill level and his athleticism, and the fact that he wants to be an ambassador and a lead recruiter for our program. It's a great day to be a Husker, and it is great to have Deverell joining our program."

Article continues in link above!

Last edited:

Congrats to all involved. Biggs has always been a good kid and hard working on the court, since back in the day when I use to see him as an 8th grader trying to play in the 35 & up leagues at the YMCA. I hope he has his studies in order and nothing like that becomes a barrier to him doing what he has been wanting to do since he first made Varsity at Omaha Central.

Does anyone know if Sadler tried to recruit Biggs? It seems like a major failure by doc to not have targeted him.

Does anyone know if Sadler tried to recruit Biggs? It seems like a major failure by doc to not have targeted him.
I wonder if he figured Doc was done at this year and he wanted to see how the new coach and how he would fit in. A lot of times players transfer or are not asked back by the new coach. We have seen that already happen!

No he wasn't. When Biggs won that State Championship with his team his senior year, Doc wasn't even in the city. Dana Altman (CU's ex-coach) was there though. He recruited Josh Jones from Central and has paid a little more to the athletes coming from the Heartland as he got Josh Dotzler and Antoine Young out of Bellevue among others from Nebraska. Biggs didn't go to Creighton due to academic reasons. (not sure if he was offered or not but definitely got a look from the Bluejays) Biggs wanted to play at home since his sophomore year in HS.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back