• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked HuskerMax and the other sites:

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wanna just pass along something that has been eating at me for sometime now. First of all I want to start of by saying, I am in no way shape or form pointing fingers at any poster on this board in particular. If anybody is getting pointed at, it is myself. Trust me!!
I realize that this is the off-season and that in itself can cause extreme situations when it comes to what we post. I also realize that this is a recruiting forum, and this year I personally believe we are seeing a recruiting change like never before. Sure, Boseph as I occasionally call him to my friends has "bemoaned" the current pace at which recruiting is taking place. Me, personally, LOVE IT! Whats not to love having this kids commit early and act as an extra recruiting agent!?!??? Sure there is the occasional Tre'vell Dixon and whatnot. But I would take one or two of those anyday for every Owa(Sorry for calling the kid out) that decides last minute. And we know how that story is playing out.
So with that being said, I will try and aim this ship to the point I am hoping to purvey! I love HuskerMax and everything it is about. I bleed HuskerMax, and sometimes I wonder if it consumes me! But at the same time I have grown and or evolved in to a fan that knows that there are other sites. Do they compare to HuskerMax??? Naw, come on now, you didnt think I would be silly and say that they would did you??? But one thing has started eating at me........
I am a HUSKER FREAK as all of you are. I eat, sleep, drink and bleed all things Huskers! So with that being said, I go to all ends of the 'web to find any and all Husker "Nowledge!" And I am happy to also say this site is my home. I just ask that we dont talk trash about other sites. Sure this is a website that is a forum for open discussion. And not everybody is going to like every site, or any other site for that matter. I just think the way this ship is ran it is much like the "Typical Husker Fan"......The Greatest Fans on Earth. And it would be beneficial to treat all sites with respect within reason. Each and every website has the same common goal as we do. To put out as much true and informational Husker news possible. Are some better than others, of course. But we all have the same common goal. I am ok with us not agreeing with Rivals assement of Johnny Stanton, I am fine with the things said about Scout, and their reporting. Its an open forum, I just ask that we go above all of them, and report what we know, mention what they say, but not attack any of the other sites, as in the long run, they are trying to accomplish what we are! I love Husker Journal, ESPN, Scout, 247, Scout, HuskerLocker, HuskerMax, Big Red Report, etc, etc. Yet I hold this site to the highest standard, because people like David Max, Mr. Hudson, RR, and all of the others have strived for that and have more than accomplished that so far.

Great post and well said SB, fine job.

I have to disagree with you. Before someone spends their money, they may like to research what they are buying and reviews of that product are important in their decision.

Web sites are dedicated to customer reviews on all products, why should Husker sites be different? Personally, I would like to know what experiences HM posters have had with Husker products before I buy them.

I love the current "attacks" on Rivals. Its almost humorous. If you dont like what the nations largest recruiting service has to say, then dont read it. PLAIN AND SIMPLE people! I am an avid follower of Rivals and 247. As I have said first and foremost, HuskerMax is my home! All of my knowledge of everything "N" starts there. But to whine and complain because they dont rate our guys where we want them to is assinine! Do I think they are guilty?????? 100%. But do I think my complaining or anybody elses is gonna do any good? Of course not. If anything it is going to hurt it. Once again, if you dont like it, then dont read it. We should have no more sense of entitlement than anybody else. It makes us look bad. I am now seeing thread complaining about why this guy and that guy didnt get the star rating that a certain poster thought they should.... WOW! I bet that has never ever happened at any other school than NU. Have at it in your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back