• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Husker Target CB Dashon Hunt will be at the UCLA game

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thought process is a little perplexing to me. Very few times will a corner back actually jump to knock a ball away. They are usually running stride for stride and reaching up, or plant their feet to break on the ball. Look back at the South Carolina TD before half time, for instance. Our DB's barely got off the ground. I am not saying the kid isn't a great athlete, I would rather have my corners be at least six feet tall.

I agree, would love to have all 6'1'' guys that can jump out the gym and run like the wind. That jump ball before half is a play Id rather forget, it was just very poorly played. But I think there are more sub 6 foot corners in college than ones that are over. So if hes 5'9''-5'10'' and can jump, he could be another Denard.

This thought process is a little perplexing to me. Very few times will a corner back actually jump to knock a ball away. They are usually running stride for stride and reaching up, or plant their feet to break on the ball. Look back at the South Carolina TD before half time, for instance. Our DB's barely got off the ground. I am not saying the kid isn't a great athlete, I would rather have my corners be at least six feet tall.

Doesn't matter how short or tall you are if the receiver is allowed to push off with both hands without getting called it's going to get completed more times than not.

Hunt is diminutive in size as he appears a bit shorter than his listed height of 5'9. He does, however, carry a relatively stocky build for a cornerback. Short, with a relatively wide hip base and thick lower half, Hunt's frame appears to be nearly filled out for a kid having just completed his junior year in high school. However, with some time spent in a collegiate weight program it's very likely that Hunt's functional strength will increase.

Josh Mitchell. Looked real good IMO. Convention would say that someone who weighs more than a buck fifty-five would be ideal.
Mitchell, JoshCB5-111553So.CoronaCalif.Eleanor Roosevelt

<tbody>
</tbody>

Shows you that speed and technique are extremely important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back