• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Husker regular season opponents in bowls this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskerJAG

Waterboy
10 Year Member
Although it's pretty impressive that nine of our regular season opponents are in bowl games this year, the results so far don't look good. At his point, NU's opponents this year are 0-4. Wyoming, Washington, Iowa, and Northwestern have all lost, and I'm not sure if any of the remaining five will prevail. I guess you could say three of the first four teams put up good fights, with chances to win at some point in the fourth quarter, so that's a good sign, but the 0-fer start isn't good.

GILDAN NEW MEXICO BOWL
Temple 37
WYOMING 15

VALERO ALAMO BOWL
WASHINGTON 56
Baylor 67

INSIGHT BOWL
IOWA 14
Oklahoma 31

MEINEKE CAR CARE BOWL OF TEXAS
Texas A&M 33
NORTHWESTERN 22

TICKETCITY BOWL
Houston
PENN STATE

TAXSLAYER.com GATOR BOWL
OHIO STATE
Florida

OUTBACK BOWL
MICHIGAN STATE
Georgia

ROSE BOWL GAME PRESENTED BY VIZIO
WISCONSIN
Oregon

ALLSTATE SUGAR BOWL
MICHIGAN
Virginia Tech

Although this doesn't really mean much, I've always looked at our opponents' performances in bowl games to give me a feel for our team going into our bowl. If NU's opponents are rolling everyone in their bowl games, it makes us look better (and gives me more confidence in our bowl game), and if our opponents are getting blown out, it could foretell difficulties for us. This year, our opponents aren't getting blown out, but they aren't winning, and to top it off, three of the losses have come to Big XII teams.

I like the matchups with the remaining bowl games...fairly intriguing ...will they sweep? Prolly not ...but i like the chances of the remaining B1G teams to turn things around

I like the matchups with the remaining bowl games...fairly intriguing ...will they sweep? Prolly not ...but i like the chances of the remaining B1G teams to turn things around

I hope you're right. I would love to see a nice run by all the remaining B1G teams.

I think that while these teams are on the losing end so far, a better measure may be how they are doing verses the spread. Vegas is as close to unbiased as can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back