• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker Max College Football Pick-Em Contest

Confidence Points in this contest - Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 29 45.3%
  • No

Votes: 35 54.7%

• Total voters

Congrats again to Ruesch's Dumb Picks who went an eye-popping 23-5 this week to take a commanding lead in the standings as he is now 91-52 (63.6%). HayBroncSker is in 2nd place with 84 wins.

Congrats again to Ruesch's Dumb Picks who went an eye-popping 23-5 this week to take a commanding lead in the standings as he is now 91-52 (63.6%). HayBroncSker is in 2nd place with 84 wins.
Long way from being over!!! I did go 12-13 last week. Kevin Harris picked 22 correct and two others had 20 this week. Other than last week I've been pretty consistent being within 2 picks of the winner for the week. Last week the winner was 7 better than me. I've been in the Top Ten 4 of 5 in the group with 2 "wins". My bad week I in a tie for 42 of 47!!!

Last edited:
Long way from being over!!! I did go 12-13 last week. Kevin Harris picked 22 correct and two others had 20 this week. Other than last week I've been pretty consistent being within 2 picks of the winner for the week. Last week the winner was 7 better than me. I've been in the Top Ten 4 of 5 in the group with 2 "wins". My bad week I in a tie for 42 of 47!!!
When I won the contest a few years ago, I started out like gangbusters, then just barely hung on for the win. Was at 59% for the season.

I thought I might make up some ground this week. I started 8-1, but tailed off soon afterwards. Congrats on the good picks!

okay, so my computer which had a link to the pick'ems bitlockered last week and I lost access. Is there a way to get back to the group. I had previously followed the link, but changed the email address to gmail and I can't seem to figure out how to get back.

Hu5k3r is the username.

Edit: I created a new account with hu5k3r. I wonder if the admin or GM can just combine the two accounts?

Last edited:

Was 17-11 this past week...now at 79-64 overall. Amazing that Ruesch is sitting at 91-52!

16-12 and up to 5th place.

Close calls:
I had OSU over Indiana -25, final score diff was 23.
I took Kentucky +5.5 against A&M, final score was A&M by 6 :(
I rarely don't click on the Nebraska button, I didn't for last night's game with -19, final diff only 17.

Last edited:
I won this week, boyz. :Corn2:

Still both a lot of ground to make up, and a lot of season ahead.

It's a chore. Not only picking a lot of games against the spread. But also a lot of games you wouldn't dare touch if you were truly betting on the spread.

I think a cool pick 'em concept would be something like ... pick any ten games from the entire list of games. Spread intact.

Last edited:
I think a cool pick 'em concept would be something like ... pick any ten games from the entire list of games. Spread intact.

A coworker used to be in a pick'em with his college buddies. You picked one game of your choosing from each conference and one 'wild card' game also of your choosing.

Last edited:

17-9 this week and jumped into a tie for the lead!!!

upload_2018-10-14_14-1-2.png

I had another solid week, in comparison with most of the rest of the pack. Moved up into a 4th place tie, which I'll gladly take at this point. A couple weeks ago, I was way down on the list. Interestingly, early in the season, I was taking into account some wagering advice I found online (not betting, just reading). I ditched that over the past couple of weeks, took my own approach, and have done measurably better. Being 15 games over .500 is solid when betting against the line. That's 54%. A goal for a professional bettor is 55%. And that's when a bettor is picking which games to bet on and which to avoid -- we don't have a choice to avoid. :)

GET TICKETS

Back