• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker fans

YUENGLING

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
Watching games around the country today I noticed there were plenty of empty seats in stadiums where 2-0 teams were playing their third game. Looking at Colorado last week with all the red ( when Colorado was hell bent on keeping Husker fans out of their stadium) and seeing a full house each week after two 4-8 seasons Husker fans deserve credit for the success of Nebraska football.
I expect the Illinois stadium will be filled with RED and that has to fire up this team.

Great post! Not going to claim the title of BEST FANS in the country but we're certainly in the top 5 imo. We've had a very tough 15+ years but our fans have continued to support the program. Contrast that to many teams that have had a much better run yet many empty seats. I believe Husker players and coaches deeply appreciate the fan support and it does help recruiting and firing up the team....

Watching games around the country today I noticed there were plenty of empty seats in stadiums where 2-0 teams were playing their third game. Looking at Colorado last week with all the red ( when Colorado was hell bent on keeping Husker fans out of their stadium) and seeing a full house each week after two 4-8 seasons Husker fans deserve credit for the success of Nebraska football.
I expect the Illinois stadium will be filled with RED and that has to fire up this team.
If not for my youngest son's XC meet next Saturday, I would be in the stands. Already been to West Lafayette & am looking forward to future road trips to Champagne & Bloomington.

Great post! Not going to claim the title of BEST FANS in the country but we're certainly in the top 5 imo. We've had a very tough 15+ years but our fans have continued to support the program. Contrast that to many teams that have had a much better run yet many empty seats. I believe Husker players and coaches deeply appreciate the fan support and it does help recruiting and firing up the team....
You're right. They're the best fans on Earth.

Not sure if this made it on TV (haven’t watched the replay yet), but it was pretty cool! Between 3rd and 4th quarter - turned the red lights on. Screens say our red burns brighter.

Yea and they were flicking the big over head LED spotlights on and off to form a shadow ripple across the field... it was pretty awesome. Now the wave,.... it took it up to a whole new level.

It might just be me but it seems the "boneyard" isn't as organised as it once was. Back in Pelini's tenure they developed the shoe hold for kickoff started to salute Adi then they got into the banner art and continued it through the Riley years with a lot of Big Heads thrown in for good measure. I sit near them and they are a great source of pride and energy but they seem to have gone a bit stale in Frost's tenure. They still do the shoe hold but I hope to see a banner for Ohio State as I haven't seen one in a while ... but perhaps they're just waiting for the right game. GBR

I was in attendance Saturday night and the crowd was engaged and loud in the first half and at times throughout, but what struck me was how many people weren't doing anything. It's impossible to put numbers to the whole stadium, but it looked like at least a third of the section I was in and the sections I could see weren't clapping, yelling, cheering but rather just kind of stood or sat. I understand the hooting, hollering and general noise making isn't in everyone's wheelhouse, but Memorial Stadium would be a nightmare if the remaining group did something.

I tried to make up for it and my voice this morning sounds like a cross between Froggy from Little Rascals and Nick Nolte in 48 Hours. It is an improvement through. Yesterday was more like Charlie Chaplin.

It might just be me but it seems the "boneyard" isn't as organised as it once was. Back in Pelini's tenure they developed the shoe hold for kickoff started to salute Adi then they got into the banner art and continued it through the Riley years with a lot of Big Heads thrown in for good measure. I sit near them and they are a great source of pride and energy but they seem to have gone a bit stale in Frost's tenure. They still do the shoe hold but I hope to see a banner for Ohio State as I haven't seen one in a while ... but perhaps they're just waiting for the right game. GBR

The "boneyard" has run its course. We don't need gimmicks anymore or a call for a blackout every other game. We are going to get back to winning and we can all just be fans and wear red.

I was in attendance Saturday night and the crowd was engaged and loud in the first half and at times throughout, but what struck me was how many people weren't doing anything. It's impossible to put numbers to the whole stadium, but it looked like at least a third of the section I was in and the sections I could see weren't clapping, yelling, cheering but rather just kind of stood or sat. I understand the hooting, hollering and general noise making isn't in everyone's wheelhouse, but Memorial Stadium would be a nightmare if the remaining group did something.

I tried to make up for it and my voice this morning sounds like a cross between Froggy from Little Rascals and Nick Nolte in 48 Hours. It is an improvement through. Yesterday was more like Charlie Chaplin.
I had that problem after the Colorado game in 1994. The first caller I had at work the following Monday was really ticked off that I would answer the phone and say nothing. Others thought it was great that I would open my mouth and no sound came out. :Lol:

Yeah, but there's nothing else to do in Nebraska...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back