• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker Commit Knutson In Trouble?

I am not saying what he did wasn’t wrong … but one 15 second clip doesn’t tell the whole story. He’s not excused for what he did but the reason WHY he did it is unclear.
If it was an intentional 'dive at the knees' it was one of the worst dive at the knees I've ever seen. Considering the other DT made the same 'move' on the other side of the ball... I'm trying to come up with a reason why they 'WHY' matters.

If it was an intentional 'dive at the knees' it was one of the worst dive at the knees I've ever seen. Considering the other DT made the same 'move' on the other side of the ball... I'm trying to come up with a reason why they 'WHY' matters.
Has it been happening the entire game? Has there been verbal jawing/trash talking?

Davante Adams should not have pushed the camera person ... he did ... that doesn't make him a bad person.

All I am saying is this 15 second clip does not show the whole story and our rush to judgement shouldn't be made on such limited data.

It does NOT make what Knutson did any more right ... it was wrong ... especially from a high caliber recruited athlete ... but the "WHY" does matter when it comes to ramifications/punishment and general response.

Has it been happening the entire game? Has there been verbal jawing/trash talking?

Davante Adams should not have pushed the camera person ... he did ... that doesn't make him a bad person.

All I am saying is this 15 second clip does not show the whole story and our rush to judgement shouldn't be made on such limited data.

It does NOT make what Knutson did any more right ... it was wrong ... especially from a high caliber recruited athlete ... but the "WHY" does matter when it comes to ramifications/punishment and general response.
Perhaps you have me confused with someone who has made made a judgement about him as a person, or who has made a judgement at all...other than it was a dirty and unnecessary act, and 'WHY' the dirty unnecessary act happened does nothing to somehow make it not a dirty unnecessary act...or to justify the dirty unnecessary act.

If that's the reaction to 'trash talk' it's certainly going to be a long life.

He shouldn’t have done that, but it wasn’t that big of deal. Way worse stuff than this happens. Such a complete bitching, whining, complaining society we have. It’s football. Emotions come into play. Anger comes into play. What if the dude had been doing stuff we didn’t see! Again, he shouldn’t have done it, but I’ve got no problem with some nastiness. 15 yard penalty and move on. And some say banish him for the season? That’s a complete joke.

I've seen Knutson play more than "just a few times". 1st - Scottsbluff head coach is a class act. Coaching staff does review tapes and saw his actions. Knutson was told "that's not how we play football", didn't start him for the York game, and I was told he didn't play the first half. WIll he learn from this minor suspension? Maybe, maybe not. Will his parents and family learn or recognize a problem? Maybe, maybe not. He's currently a Husker recruit and too often recruits are held in very high regard simply because of football. 2nd - In the Fredrick Co game their defense lined up and Knutson was uncovered. At the snap he went to block a linebacker. I was thinking "he runs like my old and fat grandfather". Not smooth, slow and lumbering. When Knutson finally made contact with the linebacker it amounted to a push, instead of knocking the linebacker on his butt. While playing at Mitchell HS he was competing against C1 and C2 weak talent and size, and notably the biggest player on the field. Unfortunately, for the season to date he hasn't confronted any D-1 talent that has challenged him to play at a high level. Overall impression - new Husker head coach staff and new OL coach will retract the scholarship offer. Knutson is probably, at best, a lazy fat _ss who will be dominated by strong D-1 competition and would never see the field in any meaningful situations. Too many posters have seemingly compared him to Zach Wiegert and I chuckled while reading the glory writing about him. Chadron State is a more likely landing spot for Knutson.

I'm glad we're giving up on a 17 year old.

I've seen Knutson play more than "just a few times". 1st - Scottsbluff head coach is a class act. Coaching staff does review tapes and saw his actions. Knutson was told "that's not how we play football", didn't start him for the York game, and I was told he didn't play the first half. WIll he learn from this minor suspension? Maybe, maybe not. Will his parents and family learn or recognize a problem? Maybe, maybe not. He's currently a Husker recruit and too often recruits are held in very high regard simply because of football. 2nd - In the Fredrick Co game their defense lined up and Knutson was uncovered. At the snap he went to block a linebacker. I was thinking "he runs like my old and fat grandfather". Not smooth, slow and lumbering. When Knutson finally made contact with the linebacker it amounted to a push, instead of knocking the linebacker on his butt. While playing at Mitchell HS he was competing against C1 and C2 weak talent and size, and notably the biggest player on the field. Unfortunately, for the season to date he hasn't confronted any D-1 talent that has challenged him to play at a high level. Overall impression - new Husker head coach staff and new OL coach will retract the scholarship offer. Knutson is probably, at best, a lazy fat _ss who will be dominated by strong D-1 competition and would never see the field in any meaningful situations. Too many posters have seemingly compared him to Zach Wiegert and I chuckled while reading the glory writing about him. Chadron State is a more likely landing spot for Knutson.

I've watched him play a number of times, including the Fredrick, CO game. He is far from a fat a$$. He's huge and probably not done growing. He can and does get a fair share of pancake blocks, but from what I see, he will block a guy and quit early instead of leaving a path of destruction, which he could do, until the whistle. That can be coached. He has a great frame and decent feet. I guess we will see what happens, but Chadron State? Dude, come on.

If a guy is diving at your legs there are other ways to get some payback that don't involve you putting cleats into their legs. Body slam them, grab them by the facemask and slam them to the ground, pancake them and dive on top of them, etc. A 15 yard penalty is hell of a lot better than potentially putting a guy in the hospital and carrying the reputation for that action.

Didn't see anything either. Don't get the submarining onto your belly technique as the runner just runs around them. But, no reason to intentionally injure your opponent over it.

Watched that too. I don't get diving at the o-lineman's feet. It basically negates a tackler every play.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back