• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker Bench moving to the West Side of Memorial Stadium this season.

WILD WILD WEST. American frontier. ;)

AAAABSLQM8aIB-0TzpP6NKgeV0dDBRxJK1PwXNWfTrvuRH5N1nHrsHE-K2UFy5JnczmkkxTls1EG_zh9D8n4U4mpX0zTG4gYXxMGKHe5.jpg

tom-cruise-what.gif

Thanks Connor Stalions :Biggrin:
Aside from potential sign stealing, I've heard media folks say the West sideline can be 10 to 15 degrees cooler than the East, not sure how accurate that is. If true, that's a big deal.
Other advantages?
In late Aug/September day games you cook on the east side before the shade gets to you. The West skyboxes and the reflection off the windows made it worse.

As I recall from the Covid season; we switched to east sideline in 1962 - Bobfather’s first year. I might have it a year or two too early.

COVID year was only year on west sideline since that earlier switch.
I was on the sidelines for most home games in the mid 90s and for some reason I could have sworn we were on the West sidelines.

But now that you point this out, it doesn't add up. Visiting section on the west. I remember oponents cheerleaders and mascots on the west. The NC trophy displayed on the east side. And a punt return where I list the player to others in the background because the crown on the field.

Maybe I just thought it that way because everyone else with a N-S is on the West because they don't want the sun in their eyes.

Easy: September thru mid-October, west side. Mid-October thru November, east side
I would start on the west side in August instead of September (I know that's what you meant to say). But I agree with the idea. I don't know how that would affect the game day routine, but after sitting in various locations in the stadium, I know that mean old sun in August and September can be a dear friend in late October and November.

Thanks Connor Stalions :Biggrin:
Aside from potential sign stealing, I've heard media folks say the West sideline can be 10 to 15 degrees cooler than the East, not sure how accurate that is. If true, that's a big deal.
Other advantages?

This makes complete sense. My seats in the North end zone frequently get shade part way through the game...the temp can drop that much when the shade line comes through. Had a friend and his son with East sideline tickets come sit by us for the second half of a game because it was so much cooler in our seats than his (much better) seats.

Last edited:
I would start on the west side in August instead of September (I know that's what you meant to say). But I agree with the idea. I don't know how that would affect the game day routine, but after sitting in various locations in the stadium, I know that mean old sun in August and September can be a dear friend in late October and November.
I could see some maintenance guy forgetting to switch the comm wires lol

5 of our first 6 games are home games. Then only 2 home games in November after that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back