• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker Bench moving to the West Side of Memorial Stadium this season.

Not sure it really affects the 11am kickoffs we seem to get stuck with. But whatever.

For all the times I was in the stadium, the team was on the east sideline. I think it was during the Covid year, that the team moved to the west sideline for the last couple of home games, per Scott's request. There were some comments made and Moos said that the team would return to the east sideline the following season. It has been a few years since I have been in the stadium, so someone please correct me if I am wrong.

When did we go to the East sideline. I haven't been to a game in Lincoln in a while, but remember it being on the West before.
As I recall from the Covid season; we switched to east sideline in 1962 - Bobfather’s first year. I might have it a year or two too early.

COVID year was only year on west sideline since that earlier switch.

Last edited:

Funny how memory fogs up. I remember it always being on the East side, and I go back to WWII. The student section was on the East side too- I don't recall it ever being on the West side.

I even remember when capacity of the stadium was 36,000, and it was seldom full. A couple buddies and I used to stand in front of the west stadium entrances and get free tickets to the game as spectators were walking in and hadn't used all the tickets they had bought. I even saw some big OU games that way.

But as I say, memory gets foggy.

WILD WILD WEST. American frontier. ;)

AAAABSLQM8aIB-0TzpP6NKgeV0dDBRxJK1PwXNWfTrvuRH5N1nHrsHE-K2UFy5JnczmkkxTls1EG_zh9D8n4U4mpX0zTG4gYXxMGKHe5.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back