• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How POWDER milk changed the way I cook STEAKS forever!

Interesting. I never heard of that. Based on their reactions I might have to try it. Let me know how it turns out.

I may have missed it skimming the video, but what exactly did he do? Also, I can't tell if they're talking about powdered milk or baby formula. He says "baby milk powder" a couple times. Can someone summarize what they did exactly?

I may have missed it skimming the video, but what exactly did he do? Also, I can't tell if they're talking about powdered milk or baby formula. He says "baby milk powder" a couple times. Can someone summarize what they did exactly?

I think it was ground up babies

michelle+m.lw.meatloaf+baby.jpg

Last edited:

I wonder if doing this with a reverse sear would dry the milk and make it too crumbly/dry before it can be seared?

Last edited:
I wonder if doing this with a reverse sear would dry the milk and make it too crumbly/dry before it can be seared?

Yeah it's not clear (to me anyway) how he did this. Sounds like there is a risk of burning the powdered milk. He talks about applying butter over it but I assume that's just to keep the powder on the steak.

I like my steaks pretty rare so I basically just do a high sear on both sides for maybe 2 minutes and then take them off the grill, wrap and let sit for about 10 minutes. Always perfect but I'm guessing the sear would burn the powdered milk off.

Yeah it's not clear (to me anyway) how he did this. Sounds like there is a risk of burning the powdered milk. He talks about applying butter over it but I assume that's just to keep the powder on the steak.

I like my steaks pretty rare so I basically just do a high sear on both sides for maybe 2 minutes and then take them off the grill, wrap and let sit for about 10 minutes. Always perfect but I'm guessing the sear would burn the powdered milk off.
Either that or create the crust. I might try it some day when the wife isn't waiting for her dinner.

Well, we know who wears the pants in your household.

Haven't you heard the old tale?

Man: Buy some powdered milk. I want to try something.

Woman: I'm not buying you powdered milk.

Man: Pulls off his pants and throws them at her and demands "Put these on!"

Woman: I can't wear these.

Man: Damn right. Remember that because I wear the pants in this family.

Woman: Reaches under her skirt, pulls off her panties, and throws them at him. "PUT THESE ON!"

Man: I can't get in these?

Woman: Damn right. Remember that because you won't be getting into them again until you fix your attitude.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back