• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked How much of an impact do you think Nebraska’s spring game has as a recruiting tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight at 10 eastern BTN is rebroadcasting the NWU spring game. The field looks like a pop warner field in a city park. IF there were fans there you could not hear them. Just sad.

NW doesn't really have a spring game per se, it really is a practice with stations and a little scrimmaging and it take place at their practice field. Basically it is an open practice to fans like the one NU had on Saturday for the coaches clinic.

Except their was most likely more people at the coaches clinic practice. :cool:

Last edited:

NW doesn't really have a spring game per se, it really is a practice with stations and a little scrimmaging and it take place at their practice field. Basically it is an open practice to fans like the one NU had on Saturday for the coaches clinic.

Except their was most likely more people at the coaches clinic practice. :cool:
You know that is probably true....We know the Friday Night Lights attendance last summer definitely had more fans.

It has some importance, but a lot more to the fans than to the potential recruits. Recruits will be impressed, but whether that will cause them to sign up, depends upon the recruit and what he is looking for.

It is absolutely important in that without the game most of these recruits would have no reason to come to Lincoln in the spring. Rule #1, get them here on a visit. The school will sell itself after that. 70,000+ fans for a spring game will generate a lot of interest in recruits and compel them to visit.

It is absolutely important in that without the game most of these recruits would have no reason to come to Lincoln in the spring. Rule #1, get them here on a visit. The school will sell itself after that. 70,000+ fans for a spring game will generate a lot of interest in recruits and compel them to visit.

A couple of tidbits from Texas Tech spring game. 12,000 seat stadium (supposedly full) and this is the 'wow' part over 300 recruits in attendance. Just goes to show people the difficulty in kids to Nebraska vs Texas. I think the spring game is very important to show these kids that the people support Nebraska Athletics and if you are coming from a ways away you will feel the love.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...sbury-focus-big-picture-texas-tech-crossroads

The Nebraska fans are the heart of recruiting for the Spring Game. Bring back as many former Huskers as possible with autograph booths outside the stadium. Have Husker give away t-shirts to the first 90,000 fans ( plenty of big diners willing to finance them). Play the game at 3:30 giving enough time to tailgate and possibly have part of the game under the lights.
Nebraska athletic department doesn't promote this game and they still get a 75% full stadium. The Husker faithful pay 10.00 to attend this game I believe the game could and should be fan friendly. It's a way to thank fans for the incredible support year after year.
They talk about how much the fans are important to their recruiting when they get kids on campus. It's time for them to show their fans some appreciation.

A couple of tidbits from Texas Tech spring game. 12,000 seat stadium (supposedly full) and this is the 'wow' part over 300 recruits in attendance. Just goes to show people the difficulty in kids to Nebraska vs Texas. I think the spring game is very important to show these kids that the people support Nebraska Athletics and if you are coming from a ways away you will feel the love.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...sbury-focus-big-picture-texas-tech-crossroads
I'm guessing there are a lot of "0" star and 2-stars in that 300. I'm also guessing that if you counted every Nebraska/Iowa senior in attendance at our Spring game that it would be a big number too. Seems like our total offers are only about 300 in any given year.

Last edited:

I think it's been very telling that in multiple interviews with players in regards to what caused them to commit to Nebraska, almost everyone of them will say something about the first time they saw the crowd in Memorial and the support of the fan base. GBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back