• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How much do we win by against NIU?

I'll take Northern Illinois by 10. I watched their first two games. I believe their offense alone is good for at least 10 points against our defense. I will give them another 7-13 points from mistakes made by our offense (short fields from turnovers.) I don't think our offense has 17 points in them.
Don't take much stock in the BC game... Worst Boston College team in 25 years according to my buddy who follows them closely.

Not sure the level of NIU's competition but they're top 30 in total defense so far:

RankTEAMGPLAYSYDSYDS/PLAYOFF TDSOPP TDSYPG
NIU

(Mini Rant: The NCAA changed formatting on their Stats page and now it's hard to get a snapshot of a team's official statistics. EDIT: Found official NU statistics using an old link: NU 23-24 Official NCAA Stats. sigh)
BC was 121st in total O last year, and So Ill is upper middle Missouri Valley bcs.
One of the easiest first two games

I think we win going away late after a much tougher game than should be. Sims (if anywhere near 100) plays better (no pressure no stress) and support comes out of the Seeya woods. Anthony Grant goes for 100 and and the OL has its best game in years, yet still game is tight going into the 4th. (NU-31 NIU-17)
If Sims does not play it’s a tough game throughout and Heinrich is noticeably handcuffed by satterfield play calling away from his strengths. Coaches don’t like fans to be smarter than them in the slightest. Purdy is shuffled in and neither QB is able take control of the offense. (NU-20 NIU-13)

Last edited:

I think we win going away late after a much tougher game than should be. Sims (if anywhere near 100) plays better (no pressure no stress) and support comes out of the Seeya woods. Anthony Grant goes for 100 and and the OL has its best game in years, yet still game is tight going into the 4th. (NU-31 NIU-17)
If Sims does not play it’s a tough game throughout and Heinrich is noticeably handcuffed by satterfield play calling away from his strengths. Coaches don’t like fans to be smarter than them in the slightest. Purdy is shuffled in and neither QB is able take control of the offense. (NU-20 NIU-13)
Let me ask you, without turnovers and short fields, do you think NIU can score 3 times against our D?

Huskers Defense gets their first shut out of the season, Offense is good for only 14pts.
huskers win 14-0

Let me ask you, without turnovers and short fields, do you think NIU can score 3 times against our D?
We play an aggressive pressure defense which leads to sacks and hopefully turnovers.

But, and there's always a but, like you saw with Tommi Hill, it also leads to sporadic busts and big plays.

So, yes NIL can score against this defense, it can score on special teams, it can score off Pick Sixes (See last meeting) and if we turn the ball over, it can score on short field drives (turnovers in our own end of the field).

We have 3 TD's in two games and remember one came after a long kick return and a gadget play and another on the "last play" of the game.

So from NIL's perspective, how much do you think, they think they have to score to beat us? :(

We play an aggressive pressure defense which leads to sacks and hopefully turnovers.

But, and there's always a but, like you saw with Tommi Hill, it also leads to sporadic busts and big plays.

So, yes NIL can score against this defense, it can score on special teams, it can score off Pick Sixes (See last meeting) and if we turn the ball over, it can score on short field drives (turnovers in our own end of the field).

We have 3 TD's in two games and remember one came after a long kick return and a gadget play and another on the "last play" of the game.

So from NIL's perspective, how much do you think, they think they have to score to beat us? :(
That was a MA bad read. Happens every game by every team. But the opposition has to be on the same page and to be able to deliver.
If we have a handful of sacks on him, and it happens again, there is no reason to believe Lombardi does what Shedeur did.
And that goes both ways, our qbs may catch it when it happens as well.
Playing like we did at ucla under Riley we could point out and ask why didn't we do that all year long? But thats not in Rileys dna, it is in Rhules.
Comparing him to Bo is closer, but unlike Bo who loved the Yolo bombs, its the TE game, always complaints of Bo not using the TE enough.
Satt has shown many creative ways to use his wrs and TEs Bo never did.
We control this game and find multiple ways in doing so. imo

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back