• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How many wins would meet your expectations

What is the minimum number of wins that would make you feel they met expectations this year?

Results are only viewable after voting.

I'll stick my neck out here... I expect 6 wins. Am thinking we get to 7 wins. If we get to 8 i'm going to be damn excited about our future. And if we go 9 or above I worry we set the bar way too high out of the gate. Not always a bad thing, but could have some negative things down the road come up. I don't think we will have to worry about 9+ though. Here's where i'm at...

2 MAJOR things that national analysts and Vegas said were going to give us trouble last year and thus our lower win total predictions than the season prior are:

1 - New QB. Usually a pretty big indicator. And Tanner Lee had actually played some FBS football before. Gebbia and Martinez are each a year removed from playing any football, and that was at the high school level. There would be some growing pains even if we had been running the same offense for 5 years. Let alone it being year 1.

2 - New DC - We all thought Diaco would suit who we were better, but at the end of the day it was a new defense our kids had to learn. There are growing pains. Statistically, there's no way we can be worse, but it's still new.

So there's 2 things right there that go against us that also were factors in low predictions last year. You also add in these two:

1 - New HC/OC. Basically this is going to happen anytime there's a change. But the fact is, this is still new.

2 - On paper, a much more difficult schedule than 2017. 2018 has us with some definite challenges from opponents before we even look at what may be facing us.

All that said, I still expect us to be better. While someone could put lipstick on a pig that our non-conference will be extremely tough, I expect 3-0. I could see 2-1, but won't get devastated. Purdue and Illinois at home are wins that should take us to 5. Minnesota i'm not sold on and they are at home, should take us to 6. From there on out, all five of our road games we will be underdogs according to the preseason outlook, and Sparty at home we will be an underdog. I think we can grab one maybe two of those, but that also means we can't screw up anywhere else to get to 8 wins.

7-5 is what i'm hoping for. 6-6 is my epectation. 8-4 oh my we got something here. 9-3+ I hope people don't get too crazy with expectations 2019.

So you're predicting a playoff run in 2019. Reading you loud and clear, ***. :)

I'll stick my neck out here... I expect 6 wins. Am thinking we get to 7 wins. If we get to 8 i'm going to be damn excited about our future. And if we go 9 or above I worry we set the bar way too high out of the gate. Not always a bad thing, but could have some negative things down the road come up. I don't think we will have to worry about 9+ though. Here's where i'm at...

2 MAJOR things that national analysts and Vegas said were going to give us trouble last year and thus our lower win total predictions than the season prior are:

1 - New QB. Usually a pretty big indicator. And Tanner Lee had actually played some FBS football before. Gebbia and Martinez are each a year removed from playing any football, and that was at the high school level. There would be some growing pains even if we had been running the same offense for 5 years. Let alone it being year 1.

2 - New DC - We all thought Diaco would suit who we were better, but at the end of the day it was a new defense our kids had to learn. There are growing pains. Statistically, there's no way we can be worse, but it's still new.

So there's 2 things right there that go against us that also were factors in low predictions last year. You also add in these two:

1 - New HC/OC. Basically this is going to happen anytime there's a change. But the fact is, this is still new.

2 - On paper, a much more difficult schedule than 2017. 2018 has us with some definite challenges from opponents before we even look at what may be facing us.

All that said, I still expect us to be better. While someone could put lipstick on a pig that our non-conference will be extremely tough, I expect 3-0. I could see 2-1, but won't get devastated. Purdue and Illinois at home are wins that should take us to 5. Minnesota i'm not sold on and they are at home, should take us to 6. From there on out, all five of our road games we will be underdogs according to the preseason outlook, and Sparty at home we will be an underdog. I think we can grab one maybe two of those, but that also means we can't screw up anywhere else to get to 8 wins.

7-5 is what i'm hoping for. 6-6 is my epectation. 8-4 oh my we got something here. 9-3+ I hope people don't get too crazy with expectations 2019.
I like this whole post as usual. As for the last sentence. You know darn well if we go 9-3 people in husker land will accept nothing less than a NC game appearance in 19.

This matches where I'm at. Expecting 6-6. Think we have a solid shot at 7-5. If we pick up the wrong injury or two, or stumble in the OOC, 5-7 wouldn't shock me. But i think we'll avoid that. 8-4 would be a surprise. Anything beyond that and I'll be stunned.

Six would be fine if competitive games in all cases is included.

I know wins is the big deal, but six sloppy wins in which the other teams QB was injured or we got all the breaks and all the calls would not do it, nor would six wins in which the other games include a couple of monstrous blowouts.

So yeah - six - depending on the other conditions.

But sure, I'll take six good wins and another one in which we get all the breaks and all the calls.

I expect to win every game we play. My expectations are hardly ever met so I will logically be required to accept something much less. I would like to think that 8 or 9 wins are a possibility but wouldn't be surprised that some of you who are guessing in the 6, 7 range end up being correct. Less than 6 will be a huge disappointment for me.

Dr. Rob said on latest Doc Talk that he'd be "ecstatic with 7 wins" and that he'd think 5 - 7 wins would look pretty good.

All of the “negative” above is true, and more. I don’t think people understand how bad Riley and crew were, what a dumpster fire they left. We have ZERO depth at CB and OT. A couple injuries there and we are in deep kimshee. This would have been probably a 2 win season had Nice Mike not gotten canned.

My expectation is 6 wins, but injuries to the wrong positions and it could be lower. I’m hoping for 7 maybe 8. If Frost can win 9, I’m begging him to come out to my lake next July because it would be really cool to see someone walk on water.

Listened to the first 10 min of Doc Talk. He indicated the coaches were pretty alarmed at the lack of talent.

I heard that too. He said he heard that Scott Frost thinks there's less talent on this Husker team than on the 0-12 UCF team he inherited. Ouch!

Look at last year's all-B1G teams. We had 0 first teamers, 1 second teamer (Stanley Morgan), and 0 third teamers. You can't blame that entirely on bad coaching. That points to serious lack of talent.

Add to that a brutal schedule.

Put me down for 6 wins, 7 if we catch some breaks. Any more than that is gravy for me.

I heard that too. He said he heard that Scott Frost thinks there's less talent on this Husker team than on the 0-12 UCF team he inherited. Ouch!

Look at last year's all-B1G teams. We had 0 first teamers, 1 second teamer (Stanley Morgan), and 0 third teamers. You can't blame that entirely on bad coaching. That points to serious lack of talent.

Add to that a brutal schedule.

Put me down for 6 wins, 7 if we catch some breaks. Any more than that is gravy for me.
BS.

GET TICKETS

Back