• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How is that rebuild going?

I'll take MR and Nebraska at this point in time.
Our record is better, our defense is night and day better than last year's.
Next year's recruiting cycle may change my perspective though.
I see Sanders getting polished recruits that will most likely require less development ( plug and play) than what Rhule may bring in.
Therefore, Colorado may get there faster but I prefer Rhule's approach for a long term investment.
So all those freshmen playing this year won't be better?

I like Rhule based on building from the ground up, but also bringing in Portal players for the short term! His eye for talent is good demonstrated by his he number of young players with their quality contributions to the team!

5 years from now no one will question the choice Trev made with Rhule! GBR

Never commented as such.
No you said plug n play will make the bluffs better. I am saying our guys will be better as well. We are an extremely Young team.
So plug n play is nice, but thats next year, we automatically know who fits and can expect more from them. Plus we have the new guys coming in who will likely play some and a few maybe a lot.

I think the insta grab major roster changing transfer portal dream is smashed

As I originally stated, I prefer MR's approach to the scorched earth approach to Sanders.
I'm happy the young guys are playing for us but I was also pleased by Hausman's development as a freshman and he now plays for Michigan.
I expect more of our guys will be tempted to leave to fill in gaps needed by teams who are closed to making the college football playoffs.
It's the nature of today's game.

I think Rhule is most definitely setting the needed foundation. They misread/whiffed on the QB room bigtime and the O-line is still broken, but I think with the portal and recruiting, they can fix those. I certainly trust Rhule light years beyond Frost and rebuilds are kind of his thing.

Outside of the complete clunker vs Michigan and the could-have-been-better effort against MSU, the defense seems to be in really good shape and lots of players are getting experience. So I'd say Rhule, overall, is right on schedule and maybe ahead in many areas.

I have a hard time imaginging the offense could get much worse, so I think there's nowhere to go but up if we can get a couple actual QBs and shore up the line.

I think Rhule is most definitely setting the needed foundation. They misread/whiffed on the QB room bigtime and the O-line is still broken, but I think with the portal and recruiting, they can fix those. I certainly trust Rhule light years beyond Frost and rebuilds are kind of his thing.

I love to see us recruit a QB who has good mechanics and can make all the throws necessary to run an offense verses trying to turn an athlete into a serviceable QB.

I think the rebuild is not happening. We still have the same turnovers and stupid plays. The offense has no fineses.
If we make a bowl, there is an argument. If not, we are in the same boat at CU.

PS…I still wouldn’t want to play CU this year. We haven’t fixed anything from that game.

Last edited:
I think the rebuild is not happening. We still have the same turnovers and stupid plays. The offense has no fineses.
So being 1 game away from a making a bowl is what?? Pure luck? We’ve won 5 games and the season isn’t over so you would attribute the 5 wins to... ? This is only 9 games into a complete rebuild without a really good P5 QB. Do you think those good P5 QB’s magically apprear after 6 years of losing? Rhule is just at the beginning so lets lighten up on all the negative stuff. No one was happy with the MSU game but it’s 1 freaken game not a season.

If we make a bowl, there is an argument. If not, we are in the same boat at CU.

PS…I still wouldn’t want to play CU this year. We haven’t fixed anything from that game.
Really? You don’t believe our D hasn’t improved and playing pretty good football now? Pardon me but the stats say something different from the first couple of games. Lets see where this teams finishes. The sCUm’s D is ranked 132 out of 133 and I’d gladly play them again right now.

Really? You don’t believe our D hasn’t improved and playing pretty good football now? Pardon me but the stats say something different from the first couple of games. Lets see where this teams finishes. The sCUm’s D is ranked 132 out of 133 and I’d gladly play them again right now.
The only team we have played that passes a lot since—was MSU. Let’s see what happens Sat. Our pass D is suspect yes. We get burned on deep balls a lot and give up big pass plays. Still. Turnovers still a huge problem.

The only team we have played that passes a lot since—was MSU. Let’s see what happens Sat. Our pass D is suspect yes. We get burned on deep balls a lot and give up big pass plays. Still. Turnovers still a huge problem.
I’m not debating anything except your statement that our D hasn't improved. I believe we’re playing much better football and when the sCUm play a team with a good pass rush they fall apart. We’ve had a pretty good pass rush the past 5 or 6 games. MSU wasn’t a good defensive game but it was a single game. I believe White has fixed a lot of things from the sCUm game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back