• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked How dare they put us on espn2????

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOL!

Thought perhaps we wouldn't travel as strong as usual, with this being a repeat opponent in a Florida bowl. But the figure of our ticket allotment sale did surprise me a little.

Hopefully, the folks at the Buffalo Wild Wings bowl are reading this article. Someone needs to pack up their office.

I was at the BWW game No offense to Michigan or K-State fans, but it was the most subdued bowl game I've been to (including pre-game). In hindsight, I'm glad the Huskers went to the Gator Bowl. Beating the SEC on New Year's day is always memorable.

The television assignments were made long before the teams were picked. Putting the game on ESPN2 had nothing to do with us.

Last edited:
The television assignments were made long before the teams were picked. Putting the game on ESPN2 had nothing to do with us.

I was thinking the same thing. The Gator picks its B1G and SEC teams two slots after the Outback; of course, they would have the 'better' teams on regular ESPN. This is the same reason Wisconsin/South Carolina was on regular ABC...those were the top non-BCS teams from each conference.

Next year's bowl lineup should be quite interesting. With the new playoff format, most conferences have changed up their bowl contracts and allowed for more input from the conferences.
A primer: http://stholeary.blogspot.com/2013/11/what-will-2014-15-college-football-bowl.html

And, a nice grid look from that overall blog:
http://mattsarzsports.blogspot.com/2013/07/what-bowl-picture-looks-like-starting.html

Last edited:

IS there really a difference between ESPN and ESPN2 any more? Are there still providers out there that do not carry #2 or do not carry it on the same package level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back