• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked How bad will this board be

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentwalz

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
If Bo gets a head coaching job and wins a championship before Nebraska does how will you react. Me I will just say new he could get one just wish it would of been for Nebraska.

If he goes to the Sun Belt or MAC or FCS, I think Bo could win a CONFERENCE championship. Maybe. Possibly.

I would say that this is the worst fear come true. And also the only reason that I was still somewhat on the fence about Bo all the way up until he was fired (though I was leaning toward firing). Still, maybe getting fired is what Bo needed in order to learn his lesson. If he has success elsewhere, it is likely because either he changed something about his coaching/leadership approach, or his circumstances changed for the better.

If he has success, I say, good for him for figuring it out. There is still no guarantee he would have learned the necessary lessons had he been retained here.

how will this board react if Bill Callahan is hired by Michigan and wins the big10 next year? I doubt that the question you asked can be answered.

I would say that this is the worst fear come true. And also the only reason that I was still somewhat on the fence about Bo all the way up until he was fired (though I was leaning toward firing). Still, maybe getting fired is what Bo needed in order to learn his lesson. If he has success elsewhere, it is likely because either he changed something about his coaching/leadership approach, or his circumstances changed for the better.

If he has success, I say, good for him for figuring it out. There is still no guarantee he would have learned the necessary lessons had he been retained here.

and we'll never truly know but I think part of Bo's downfall at NU is he seemed so stubborn and unwilling to learn lessons here. I don't think anyone believed that he was gonna make changes to his current staff. I sure didn't. If he didn't make any changes, staff or philosophy wise after 2012, hard to imagine he would have this year. He pretty much said he's gonna do what he does, he doesn't get into big picture stuff, he thinks we're on the right track and if you don't like it, fire me.

I'm sure there are some that will spin it every which way. I hope he has success wherever he goes even if that means winning a championship first. But it was time for him to move on IMO. A fresh start may do him good.

If Bo has enough time to reflect on his time at Nebraska I think there is a lot he can learn from what happened that will make him even better as a person and a coach.

Year 7: 24-59 408
Bo is not a championship coach.

how will this board react if Bill Callahan is hired by Michigan and wins the big10 next year? I doubt that the question you asked can be answered.

Bo has a way better shot at getting the job than Callahan. I was also on the fence with firing him but figured it was ok ether way. I really think he will win a championship down the road. He will get another shot at a big time program unlike Callahan.

I would say getting fired probably resulted in some introspection that made him a better coach.

If Bo gets a head coaching job and wins a championship before Nebraska does how will you react. Me I will just say new he could get one just wish it would of been for Nebraska.

I'll say he needed the change of scenery and staff shuffle that came with the change

Pelini is more likely to do this as a coordinator. He's not a head coach imo. Doesn't have thick enough skin imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back